SSD Performance RAID

Computer Related Topics Can Be Found Here
the-operative

SSD Performance RAID

Unread post by the-operative »

I am getting a new hdd. i am planning on two samsung 840 evo 250 gb drives in a performance raid. my question. would i gain any performance by placing the drives in a raid config or should I save 10$ and get the 500 gb running solo, or spend the extra 100$ and get the 500gb pro version?
the-operative

Re: SSD Performance RAID

....... there has to be someone smarter than me here!!!!
ween7425

Unread post by ween7425 »

You will get a nice speed boost if you configure your two SSDs in a RAID 0 setup. This would be faster than a single 500GB SSD.

However, be advised that if either disk fails, you will loose everything on both disks. Make sure you back up regularly.

Ween
jacobite
Location: scottland west coast home of the rampant lion rrroooooaaarrr lol

Unread post by jacobite »

Hi the-operative ive had ssds for years revo drive agility 3 etc in raid o and ahci is best just get the one and run it in ahci when instaling windows dont let any program like advanced systemcare auslogics etc adjust windows from 4 threads to 10 leave the setings as they are instaled on the os hope this helps internet explorer is famous for wanting to increase the threads of the os for better surfing and for the cpu its nonsense
the-operative

lol... remember to change to ahci before installing windows.
the-operative

all i can say is wow. my computer is 4 yrs old. running windows 7 64bit, 10gb 1333, phenom II black. I did not think I could improve any more, but WOW!!! i mean @#$%@#$%@#$%@#$. i see boot screen. starting windows. then i splooj on the my keyboard.

Return to “Computer Chatter”