Sniper Server Map Fix

Anything and everything about the game itself and our server

Moderator: Tommy

Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Sniper Server Map Fix

Unread post by Tommy »

I just finished fixing all of the maps on the sniper server. As of right now all maps should load (no more problem maps), and all maps will come down from redirect fast. There should no longer be any files that will come down slow.

If there are still files that seem to not come from the redirect, please let me know ASAP. so I can figure out what is wrong.

Basically, I connected a fresh copy of the game to a cloned copy of the server (locked so nobody would connect and slow me down), and one by one I brought up each map. Then I took notes of all the problems I found. After I was done with that I looked at each one and problem solved them.

3 maps ended up still being a problem. They were a problem all along so nothing right now is really lost. I just removed them from the map list while I look into them further.

I would like to eventually do this for the other servers we have, but this took an enormous amount of time so they will have to be on the back burner for the time being as I have other things to do. Seriously, it took several days to do this. But I think it is worth it as nobody will abandon the server due to slow downloads anymore.

Again, if you find any problems that I missed, please let me know right away.

{DOU}Tommy
IsabellaSM

Re: Sniper Server Map Fix

Unread post by IsabellaSM »

Good Christmas gift Tommy... :D

:peace_v:
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

Thank you for noticing, I think you are the only one.

T
Rad

Unread post by Rad »

Tommy wrote:Thank you for noticing, I think you are the only one.

T
I also noticed, but I did not have enough time to check how it works.
Anyways, thank you Tommy in advance ::DancingBanana::
---- few days later >>>
I found new maps on the server - good job Tommy. Some people ask for more (damn, they always want more ... anyway, me too ) :D
And remember that there is one and only one IP,
which you must never forget:

173.208.146.178:7777

Return to “Clan {DOU} Unreal Tournament 99 Sniper Server”