Moderator: Tommy

Balony

Re: SERVER DOWN?

Unread post by Balony »

Thanks for your time and effort on these situations! much appreciated
kitty

Unread post by kitty »

Restart doesn't work. Server crashed while 8 players were online, never came back up....
Image Image
QwazyWabbit

Unread post by QwazyWabbit »

Pardon me while I tweak and futz with the server configurations. I had them configured as Windows Services (detached processes for you Linux geeks) but the technique that needs to be used leaves them vulnerable to crashing of the game server but leaving a remnant of the service running that makes restarting them a manual process.

I have corrected this by shelving the service idea for a while until I can device a server-watcher that can get past that problem.

Now they are running on the auto-restart and monitor scripts but they must be manually restarted if the system is rebooted. This will happen much less frequently than a simple server crash of any individual game server.

Linux lends itself to detached servers much more readily than Windows and it seems that few game developers actually devote any time to making their servers run as Windows services. (mostly because debugging a service is hard to do).

Anyway, as of Saturday night, Dec. 21, the servers will auto-restart on a crash within 1 minute of that crash.... again.
Rad

Unread post by Rad »

kitty wrote:Restart doesn't work. Server crashed while 8 players were online, never came back up....
Server crashes when Kitty is playing :lol:

And remember that there is one and only one IP,
which you must never forget:

173.208.146.178:7777

Return to “Clan {DOU} Unreal Tournament 99 Sniper Server”