XI

Movies, TV, Music, Vegas...if it's entertainment related it goes here.
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

XI

Unread post by Tommy »

Good news and better news...

The Good news is that Paramount is producing another Star Trek movie slated to be out in 2008. It is simply called Star Trek XI right now since it will be the 11th film.

The better news is that Rick Berman will NOT be involved with the movie in any way whatsoever. He is the guy credited with pretty much ruining Star Trek. With him finally out of the way maybe we can get back to some good Trek.

The guy who directed Mission Impossible 3 will be doing this movie. So perhaps watching MI3 will give us an idea of what to expect movie-making wise.

Tommy
*DARKMATTER*

Unread post by *DARKMATTER* »

Good news even better that P'Rick Berman is no more he killed everything from D.S 9 onwards any idea which trek its based on ???
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

The rumor was that it would take place in the early days with Kirk and Spock studying at Starfleet Academy, but the new producer quickly quashed that. However, the producer does like the original series the most and it has been hinted at that will influence him. I don't think it will be a movie based on the original cast though (a few are dead now). But if memory serves me correctly, Stewart said he wouldn't make another movie so I have no idea. Maybe they are going to launch something completely new, who knows. We have close to 2 years so maybe they aren't sure yet either. :P

Tommy

Return to “Entertainment Central”