Firewalls

Computer Related Topics Can Be Found Here
.::/3I§ON::.

Firewalls

Unread post by .::/3I§ON::. »

If I turn on the firewall (Norton) that came with my puter, will it screw with my online play?
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Re: Firewalls

Unread post by Tommy »

{DOU} -=BiSoN=- wrote:If I turn on the firewall (Norton) that came with my puter, will it screw with my online play?
You will most likely have to set it to allow the games, but then it will be ok. Firewalls are a hassle. I'm on a Mac so I have the Mac OS X firewall thats built into the OS turned off (no viruses or trojans, etc. for the Mac) but I just installed a router that has a firewall and it's a pain in the ass. But every time you find a problem, around the corner is a solution.

T
*DARKMATTER*

Unread post by *DARKMATTER* »

all you have to do is allow unreal to connect to the internet if you never used a firewall your gonna be amazed at all the intrusion attemps thats being made by others to get into your system.any help i can give ur welcome to just ask..

Dark

Thanks 4 the info 8)
Duke

Unread post by Duke »

I use Zone Alarm Pro myself, It's a good firewall, keeps the intruders out, Makes all my ports *STEALTH* so nobody can see them, and a few good features to go with it.
*DARKMATTER*

I use sygate did use zone alarm but once i had to take it off and the trouble it caused was unreal good firewall but bad removall software built into it.

Dark
*DARKMATTER*

Hey bison did you sort the firewall???

*DARKMATTER* wrote:Hey bison did you sort the firewall???
I havent turned it on yet, scared too :P
GRouND ZeRo

Unread post by GRouND ZeRo »

{DOU} -=BiSoN=- wrote:
:banghead: Firewalls??? :banghead:

ok so I just had to...

My GF's got Win XP and I find that the XP firewall doesn't work till after it pops up and asks shall I block this program or not???

but you may want to find a proggy that only allows certain programs to access the internet rather than which ports to use would be much much simpler...

Best bet Don't go on unfriendly websites(cause you never know) and don't install any friends burnt copys of programs(which are questionable anyways(I had my share))and don't allow your friends have free reign on your computer(try watching TV and 5 pop-ups are showing in front of your favourite TV show...Grrr!!!(ATI TV tuner in fullscreen) :banghead: )
{DOU}

*DARKMATTER*

GRouND ZeRo wrote:
{DOU} -=BiSoN=- wrote:
:banghead: Firewalls??? :banghead:

ok so I just had to...

My GF's got Win XP and I find that the XP firewall doesn't work till after it pops up and asks shall I block this program or not???

but you may want to find a proggy that only allows certain programs to access the internet rather than which ports to use would be much much simpler...

Best bet Don't go on unfriendly websites(cause you never know) and don't install any friends burnt copys of programs(which are questionable anyways(I had my share))and don't allow your friends have free reign on your computer(try watching TV and 5 pop-ups are showing in front of your favourite TV show...Grrr!!!(ATI TV tuner in fullscreen) :banghead: )
thats ok but firewalls dont stop virus they stop hackers from getting into ur system and trojans reporting back out well some of them anyway antivirus stops you downloading that type stuff well there again some of it .

Hey bison dont chicken out switch it on then you will be amazed how many peeps have been scanning ur system and hopefully not using it !!!!! just set it to ask permission untill you get the hang of things if you use any instant messengers give me a buzz and will help you as much as i can

Dark

P.S the firewall in xp doesnt deserve to be called that, chocolate fireguard would be better its as much use as one it was cracked before they even released it if you want to stop peeps with a firewall never use the xp one install a 3rd party instead.

Return to “Computer Chatter”