turn the radeon 9500 to 9700????

Computer Related Topics Can Be Found Here
fuzzy_pandaz

turn the radeon 9500 to 9700????

Unread post by fuzzy_pandaz »

first if anyone knows if the radeon 9500 supports dual monitors plz let me kno. while i was trying to find that piece of info out i came a cross this site that says you can make the radeon 9500 into a lesser verson of the 9700 pro. i just wondering if anyone who has a 9500 or 9700 radeon has heard of this and/or tired it. not saying im goin to tear my comp apart but if i can get a $300 for free then y not
:lol:
{DOU}Nightwalker

Unread post by {DOU}Nightwalker »

I have a radeon 9550 and was running 2 monitors from it, as for the upgrade I have never heard of it being done maybe pebcak maybe able to help in that department. :twisted:
pebcak

Unread post by pebcak »

Sup Yall,

Yes there is software to overclock your video card. You need to make sure you have enough power to even consider doing such things. It can be dangerous to you hardware if done too aggressively or wrong. I agree with Nightwalker. You should be able to do multi-mon with it. PM me if more questions. or post more here if this could be a general interest thing. Might need to hit Vent to talk.

Take a look at this http://www.neowin.net/forum/lofiversion ... 76727.html
{DOU}pebcak

I love the sound of "GODLIKE" in the morning.
fuzzy_pandaz

Unread post by fuzzy_pandaz »

awesome thanks. do i need a spliter for the monitor?
{DOU}Nightwalker

Unread post by {DOU}Nightwalker »

I just used a adapter that turned the dvi port to vga monitor port.
you can get them fairly cheap heres a link to see what you need incase you dont know. :twisted:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DVI-ADAPTER-DVI-2 ... dZViewItem
GRouND ZeRo

Re: turn the radeon 9500 to 9700????

Unread post by GRouND ZeRo »

fuzzy_pandaz wrote:first if anyone knows if the radeon 9500 supports dual monitors plz let me kno.
If I know my video cards I had a 9250 that had supported two monitors. the card featured SVGA, DVI and TV-Out... I had two 15" SVGA monitors running off of it using a DVI-SVGA connector... Kinda handy when you want to have all your messaging proggys on the second monitor when playing your games.

If you only have a single Video connector on your video card you can go to matrox and see if they still have a monitor splitter, 2 or 3 monitors can run widescreen on one SVGA connector and sometimes you might have a second virtual desktop running on the other half.
{DOU}

Return to “Computer Chatter”