Symmetrical FiOS

Computer Related Topics Can Be Found Here
Draco

Unread post by Draco »

*DARKMATTER* wrote: Not sure about the symmetrical bit but how fast is "can't make it much faster" bit in that sentence because were getting 50 meg speeds supposedly by the end of feb all trials and stuff has already finished and they have tested 100meg for a possible release at the end of the year .....
The upload on these speed's is still questionable tho...
The number he gave me was 10 megs which tells me he probably means the existing lines here locally couldn't handle it. I think it kinda sux. Even with TW's so-called turbo, the most you can hope for is 7 megs. The DSL boys are already offering 15 megs. If they could let me change to DSL and let me keep my existing number I have with Digital phone, I would consider switching. The only problem is is that SBCyahoo ain't anywhere near me. I bet the pings would suck.

-Johnny Jones
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

Draco wrote:
*DARKMATTER* wrote: Not sure about the symmetrical bit but how fast is "can't make it much faster" bit in that sentence because were getting 50 meg speeds supposedly by the end of feb all trials and stuff has already finished and they have tested 100meg for a possible release at the end of the year .....
The upload on these speed's is still questionable tho...
The number he gave me was 10 megs which tells me he probably means the existing lines here locally couldn't handle it. I think it kinda sux. Even with TW's so-called turbo, the most you can hope for is 7 megs. The DSL boys are already offering 15 megs. If they could let me change to DSL and let me keep my existing number I have with Digital phone, I would consider switching. The only problem is is that SBCyahoo ain't anywhere near me. I bet the pings would suck.

-Johnny Jones
It's not just the ping, if you aren't close to a box your speed and relaibility will go down the toilet too.. My understanding is that it is because of a weak signal if you aren't close enough.

T
GRouND ZeRo

Unread post by GRouND ZeRo »

DSL - Dip S^$t L#*&r

DSL works best in the city with clean copper lines. Try and have a new phone line installed first.

If your running Windows 98 forget it... they promised to give me 4MB download and decided to give me 128KB download. They also said that my ping was too high, "0.07" was quoted and I told them that I must be right next door... Then they decided to give me 265KB download which is a far cry from having a 4MB download speed. HELLLOOOO CABLE!!!

Runnng with Windows XP GREAT!!! That Sympatico .NET service seems to be working better somehow...
{DOU}

Return to “Computer Chatter”