Some help please

Anything and everything about the game itself and our server

Moderator: Tommy

{DOU}Charger

Some help please

Unread post by {DOU}Charger »

I am having 2 problems:

The first is the in game messages, mine last like 3 seconds. I have tried to extend time in the map vote config window, but it is not working.

Second is I change weapons with my scroll wheel. Mine is very erratic lots of times it will switch back to the orginal 4 or 5 times till I can get it right. I have screwed with the scroll settings in control panel to no avail.

If any has some ideas it would be greatly appriciated.
Fighting on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics.
Even if you win you're still retarded.
Draco

Unread post by Draco »

Right-click on your User.ini and select properties. Make sure that "Read only" is not checked. If it is, it isn't allowing the game to modify the file as needed. If that doesn't fix it, remove your User.ini from your system folder and place it on your desktop. Fire the game up. A new one will be generated. You will have to reconfigure alot of stuff if it corrects it, but change the time expiration in mapvote to see if it has corrected. If that doesn't fix it, restore your User.ini from the desktop to the System folder and allow it to overwrite the one that is there.

As far as the mouse wheel goes, mine does the exact same thing when the wheel is worn out and the ticks in the spin aren't as defined as they used to be.

As a last ditch attempt, Back-up both User and UnrealTournament ini's and install a fresh copy over the existing install. Do Not delete or uninstall. You can install over it and save all of those files that you have spent months, if not years, collecting from servers and installing with cache cleaner.

Have a good one.

~Johnny Jones
Bonk

Unread post by Bonk »

If you miss something just bring up your system console............. press the "~" above tab
Tanner

Unread post by Tanner »

I have the same problem with my wheel scroll also. It will not change to the next weapon or what ever it will stick or keep changing. I didn't have this problem with my old mouse. when i upgraded to a newer mouse, is when i started having the problems. It kills me in games sometimes. I don't know if the newer mouse cant read or its so fast it messes up on ut. I have tride going into my mous setting and that and slowing the tracking it seems to of helped some what but not 100%. Somone told me to try and buy a new mouse built for gaming. The one i have now is a microsoft comfort optical mouse 3000.
{DOU}Charger

Unread post by {DOU}Charger »

First prob fixed, Thank You Draco
Fighting on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics.
Even if you win you're still retarded.
Draco

Unread post by Draco »

{DOU}Charger wrote:First prob fixed, Thank You Draco
No Problem, buddy. Glad to help.

~Johnny Jones

Return to “Clan {DOU} Unreal Tournament 99 Sniper Server”