I Need A Copy Of Outlook Express 7

Computer Related Topics Can Be Found Here
{DOU} yO mAmA

I Need A Copy Of Outlook Express 7

Unread post by {DOU} yO mAmA »

Yes believe it or not, I Need A Copy Of Outlook Express 7. I had my Outlook Express 6 crash and I need 7 to fix it. I want to get all my old e-mails, convert them to pst files and put them in Outlook which I am now running.

If anyone could help I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

mAmA
Draco

Re: I Need A Copy Of Outlook Express 7

Unread post by Draco »

{DOU} yO mAmA wrote:Yes believe it or not, I Need A Copy Of Outlook Express 7. I had my Outlook Express 6 crash and I need 7 to fix it. I want to get all my old e-mails, convert them to pst files and put them in Outlook which I am now running.

Thanks in advance,

mAmA
Install windows live mail and it will automatically iimport everything from whatever version OE you are using. Then you can export all your stuff out and do with it what you please. Have a good one.

~Johnny Jones
{DOU} yO mAmA

Draco wrote:
{DOU} yO mAmA wrote:Yes believe it or not, I Need A Copy Of Outlook Express 7. I had my Outlook Express 6 crash and I need 7 to fix it. I want to get all my old e-mails, convert them to pst files and put them in Outlook which I am now running.

Thanks in advance,

mAmA
Install windows live mail and it will automatically iimport everything from whatever version OE you are using. Then you can export all your stuff out and do with it what you please. Have a good one.

~Johnny Jones
Had a friend try that, didn't work. It all started when I let someone new work on my computer. She updated the bios and installed windows service pack 3. Evidently my machine didn't like it, crashed Outlook Express and damaged a few other things. She tried to repair it doing exactly what you mentioned and as I said didn't work very well.

mAmA
Draco

Unread post by Draco »

Service Pack 3 was the death of my machine, too. I'm now running Linux because of it. Just tired of having to fix M$' fixes. lol.

~Johnnny Jones
{DOU} yO mAmA

I am back working with the guy who originally built my computer, he is a service tech for HP and a friend of mine. I went to someone else because he was working so much he couldn't come by to help me when I was having some problems.
If you or anyone you know has a copy of Outlook Express 7 please let me know.

Thanks,

mAmA
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

_J told me that ouutlook express 7 was never a download of it self, it comes bundled with IE 7. If you can download that you should be set.

T
__j

Unread post by __j »

I am incorrect. There is no such thing as Outlook Express 7. There is Windows Mail in Vista, and that is the successor to OE6. Why not just import your mail store from OE6 directly into Outlook? If the files are damaged somehow (OE6 mail store), I don't think there's anything you can do. But as far as I know, Outlook will import directly from OE. That said, I don't know too awfully much about Outlook and it's brothers. I use anything I can that's not them. I use Eudora some places (antique) and more recently Mozilla Thunderbird.

Sorry to hear about your mail misfortune. Good look.

P.S. Try importing your OE mail into Thunderbird?
.::/3I§ON::.

Unread post by .::/3I§ON::. »

__j wrote:
P.S. Try importing your OE mail into Thunderbird?
Was going to suggest that...
{DOU}.::/3I§ON::.
"Did you hear the one about me trying to die?

Fist in the air and a finger to the sky.

Do I care if you hate me? Do you wanna know the truth?

C'est la vie... adiós... good riddance... fuck you!..."5FDP"
Draco

Unread post by Draco »

Alrighty... Here is a vicious, brutal way of recovering lost email. It requires you have another machine laying around running OE.

Open up 'My Computer'. Go to 'Tools/Folder options'. New window will open up. Go to 'View' tab and scroll down until you see 'Show hidden files and folders'. Make sure it is checked. Now open you C: drive and navigate to this area.

C:\Documents and Settings\your_profile_name\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{4C707872-1437-409F-B260-5B67FBA4C132}*won't be exact*\Microsoft\Outlook Express

Inside, you will see a bunch of files named after your email folders: Sent.dbx, Inbox.dbx, Deleted Items.dbx, and so on. COPY all these files and put them on a disk. Take them to the other machine and place them into the same directory on the new machine as the directory of the old machine. If the new machine already has OE that is in use, you need to create a new profile in Outlook Express. There will be a new folder listed in the 'Identities' folder with a brand new 'created' date. Copy the .DBX files into that new folder. Open Outlook Express under the new profile and, if the dbx files themselves weren't corrupted, you should be able to access them. This is how I prevent losing my emails everytime my happy piece O shit M$ crashes.

There are other options but they would require me remote-desktopping in to do it because they only get more complicated from here.

Hope it helps some. Have a good one.

~Johnny Jones
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

You can probably read the mailbox files with a text editor too. It might not be pretty, but should probably work.

Tommy
Draco

Unread post by Draco »

Tommy wrote:You can probably read the mailbox files with a text editor too. It might not be pretty, but should probably work.

Tommy
The DBX file is actually the folder containing all those emails. Trying to open it in anything would be hellish and cause your computer to freeze up when it runs out of memory. Mama, let me know if you would like my help on this. I'll be around tonight after 7 est. Have a good one.

~Johnny Jones

Return to “Computer Chatter”