Restored my POS Me to factory condition....

Computer Related Topics Can Be Found Here
{DOU}Cygnus

Restored my POS Me to factory condition....

Unread post by {DOU}Cygnus »

I have several problems to get over with this reinstalling everything.
First, I need the neccesary UT patches and I need versions that do not require the game disk to complete the update or versions that will let me manually install them. (The self-installing ones I have ask for the game disk and I keep getting a botpak.u that is not recognized error.)
The other thing I need is the old version of Ventrilo. That would be the version that was just made obselete by the new one a month or 2 ago..
The new and improved version does not support Windows Me.
Draco

Re: Restored my POS Me to factory condition....

Unread post by Draco »

Here you go. Just install. Already has 436 and the newest Opengl drivers incorporated. Have a good one.

http://redirect.pet-passion.net/UnrealT ... t-GOTY.zip

~Johnny Jones
{DOU}Cygnus

Draco wrote:Here you go. Just install. Already has 436 and the newest Opengl drivers incorporated. Have a good one.

http://redirect.pet-passion.net/UnrealT ... t-GOTY.zip

~Johnny Jones
Thanks Draco! I appreciate it!
{DOU}Cygnus

I haven't found or installed vent yet because I have no sound after all thiss bullshit.
I've checked everything and I've also updated the drivers but all through every check and upgrade my system still shows everything installed and functioning properly.
Any ideas anyone?

-JB
{DOU}The Jargonaut

Unread post by {DOU}The Jargonaut »

Check your audio propreties to make sure that the correct device is being used.
{DOU}Cygnus

{DOU}The Jargonaut wrote:Check your audio propreties to make sure that the correct device is being used.
Yeah, I did that too....says everything is up and good to go but nothing comes out the speakers.
I seen some references online about checking the BIOS but I am clueless as how to do it.
{DOU}The Jargonaut

Unread post by {DOU}The Jargonaut »

When you first turn on your PC, it says "Press something to enter setup". This is your BIOS.
pebcak

Unread post by pebcak »

Sup Yall,

Usually F2 or Delete to get into BIOS. If Windows shows it is available it is on in BIOS or windows would not see it. Try some headphones in your audio out to make sure it is not a speaker or wire issue. Try front audio port if you have them.
{DOU}pebcak

I love the sound of "GODLIKE" in the morning.
{DOU}Cygnus

pebcak wrote:Sup Yall,

Usually F2 or Delete to get into BIOS. If Windows shows it is available it is on in BIOS or windows would not see it. Try some headphones in your audio out to make sure it is not a speaker or wire issue. Try front audio port if you have them.
The speakers work and I unfortunately dont have another place to plug headphones in.
I suppose this machine is just about done....over 8 years old after all.
Evil

Unread post by Evil »

You may just have a bad part there now... You could try a USB headset for the game. That's what I got based on wave's recomendation. Seems to work well, does sound a little different, more tinny kinda. Reason I wanted it was so I didn't have to crawl under the desk to plug the damn thing in all the time. Might work for your problem though.

I have an old diamond monster sound card laying here you can have if you want. From 1998 but worked when removed, just had on board audio on computer after that one. Probably still works.
{DOU}Cygnus

Evil wrote:You may just have a bad part there now... You could try a USB headset for the game. That's what I got based on wave's recomendation. Seems to work well, does sound a little different, more tinny kinda. Reason I wanted it was so I didn't have to crawl under the desk to plug the damn thing in all the time. Might work for your problem though.

I have an old diamond monster sound card laying here you can have if you want. From 1998 but worked when removed, just had on board audio on computer after that one. Probably still works.
Thanks for the offer Evil, but I think this computer is just getting too old and outdated to keep it going anymore. The reason I restored everything to original and reinstalled UT was because I would get momentary freezes during gameplay and sometimes the game would stay froze and lock up the computer until I did a reboot.
I am still having the freeze issues together now with having no sound and it isn't worth the effort anymore to try and get this POS working properly since it appears to be more than a software problem. I have a sytem I bought last spring but I've kept it in the basement for the kids to use. We'll probably just have to get along with one computer
for now.

Return to “Computer Chatter”