UT 99 Server Browser

Computer Related Topics Can Be Found Here
LT. Z

UT 99 Server Browser

Unread post by LT. Z »

k I have this little problem with server browser in 99 and I am hoping one of you more computer literate people will know what to do about it. The browser will hit the master server with no difficultly but when it goes to populate the list it takes literally forever. normally the browser populates very quickly. But in this situation it takes a couple of minutes for every 4 or 5 servers it lists.

Oh and the game runs fine. it will put me on a server quickly as long as type in the ip.

Now i have tried disabling everything from firewall to virus scanner. And that has had no effect.

Im running vista 64 bit with a killer nic. I have feeling it is a port issue but I really get lost at this point so if any one has an idea I'd appreciate it.
GRouND ZeRo

Re: UT 99 Server Browser

Unread post by GRouND ZeRo »

It does take some time for the list to populate but I'm not too sure why it takes you sooo long to get that many at a time...

Sometimes Error checking in your NIC settings may disrupt some connections. Just an idea.
{DOU}

LT. Z

Re: UT 99 Server Browser

Unread post by LT. Z »

okay after much "PIA" and hitting the restore function I figured it out. The culprit was the virus scanner. I had to disable some stuff like the link scanner. But now it works fine.

Return to “Computer Chatter”