Zen and the Art of the Headshot.

Anything and everything about the game itself and our server

Moderator: Tommy

{DOU}The Jargonaut

Zen and the Art of the Headshot.

Unread post by {DOU}The Jargonaut »

To Tommy:
I was playing tonight and a thought occured to me. I have really never seen anyone play on the Uzi server. My question is: Is the Uzi server actually populated by anyone? Only the admins can look at the logs and tell for sure.

The reason that I ask is because I (in my humble opinion) think that the server would be better suited as a practice server for the ladder tourney all of the time. I KNOW that this team could dominate the tournament if given the practice with working with each other. As it is, most of us gather on the deathmatch server where the idea is to kill EVERYONE. If the practice server were up, we could even out the teams as they showed up, practice the maps, and learn the team dynamics to take advantage of each persons strenghs.
...not to mention the fact that I want to one day join my team mates in the ladder tourney.
It would be fairly easy to get a team up. If there are an uneven number of players, just go to the deathmatch server and see if anyone there would like to join. If not, then just do the best that you can. Take a stronger player and pair them up with a weaker player. This may have the effect of training the weaker player, making them a stronger player.
Also, the main Tournament team should ALWAYS be on the same side. This strenghens the team spirit and boost teamwork levels.
If I am getting above my station, then please smack me down. Really, I just want to see ALL of the DOU servers getting the attention that they deserve and the team getting stronger with time.

Any thoughts?
{DOU}Charger

Unread post by {DOU}Charger »

Smack Smack Smack.... only kidding LOL. A lot of full members can change the UZI server over to practice mode when they need to. We can do it at any time we want to practice. We are working on scheduled practices again also. Right now the people who show up for the tourneys do get together during the week and practice. If you need to know anything else just ask.
Fighting on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics.
Even if you win you're still retarded.
{DOU}The Jargonaut

Oh. COOL!
Okay. Can I be involved in these practice sessions? If only to be in spectator mode?
I just REALLY want to be a part of this. I have not been this excited about a game in a long time. In the tourneys, you actually have a GOAL to try and achieve.
If nothing else, I will be a cheerleader......
I just got a mental image of myself in the uniform with pom poms...

I need therapy now...
{DOU}Charger

Unread post by {DOU}Charger »

As a recuite you can play in the ladder. And even if you don't do the ladder you are welcome to practice with us. PM shortie she will help you get signed up on the ladder. You should sign up so that when you are ready to play or if we are short you can jump in.
Fighting on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics.
Even if you win you're still retarded.
{DOU}The Jargonaut

I would rather wait till I am good enough. I have learned the offense okay, but lack the patience to actually camp anywhere for long. I end up dying too much as of now.
Then again, I have only been playing seriously for about three weeks.

By the way, is this a good area to discuss strategy, or should I wait till I get on the big person boards?
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

The Jargonaut wrote:I would rather wait till I am good enough. I have learned the offense okay, but lack the patience to actually camp anywhere for long. I end up dying too much as of now.
Then again, I have only been playing seriously for about three weeks.

By the way, is this a good area to discuss strategy, or should I wait till I get on the big person boards?
General strategy you can discuss anywhere...clan strategy, yeah wait for the big boys area.

T
{DOU}The Jargonaut

No problem T.
I will wait.

Rather not give away something by accident.
Thanks
GRouND ZeRo

Unread post by GRouND ZeRo »

I was asking if a tally could be kept to show everyone at what time of day each server was populated the most throughout a week...
{DOU}

Moon

Unread post by Moon »

I still don't know how to set the training server instead of uzi... :( :( :(
-------------------o00o---°(_)°---o00o----------------------

Return to “Clan {DOU} Unreal Tournament 99 Sniper Server”