Dell is spooked...

Computer Related Topics Can Be Found Here
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Dell is spooked...

Unread post by Tommy »

This just came out over the wire:
"Meanwhile, several news sites are reporting on an email from Jobs to his employees this past Friday noting that Apple's market capitalization had surpassed Dell on Friday. The email was in response to comments by Michael Dell that he would "shut [Apple] down and give the money back to the shareholders."
What dear Michael needs to shut is his mouth, before he looks more like a fool :)

T
{DOU}The Jargonaut

Unread post by {DOU}The Jargonaut »

That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
If only OSX was compatable with ALL x86 machines. I would gladly run it on this rig.
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

Here is the whole deal...
Apple now worth more than Dell

Friday, January 13, 2006 - 04:14 PM EST

On October 6, 1997, in response to the question of what he'd do if he was in charge of Apple Computer, Dell founder and then CEO Michael Dell stood before a crowd of several thousand IT executives and answered flippantly, "What would I do? I'd shut it down and give the money back to the shareholders."

A little more than a month later, on November 10, 1997, new Apple iCEO Steve Jobs responded, speaking in front of an image of Michael Dell's bulls-eye covered face, "We're coming after you, you're in our sights."

Today, after a little more than eight years of hard work, Apple Computer, Inc. passed Dell, Inc. in market value. That's right, at market close Apple Computer ($72,132,428,843) is now worth more than Dell ($71,970,702,760).

Got any snappy retorts for that one, Mr. Dell?

Luckily, Apple has had the right man in charge since July 1997; a man with the vision and the ability to do what lesser men think impossible.
Dude, your getting a dud!

T
{DOU}Charger

Unread post by {DOU}Charger »

I have three Dells in my house all less than two years old. My 1997 HP is still a much better machine. One of the Dells had the motherboard take a crap after three weeks. They replaced it but I spent a week talking to India to get it to run. It was a dud for shore!!! :x
Fighting on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics.
Even if you win you're still retarded.
GRouND ZeRo

Unread post by GRouND ZeRo »

DUDE YOUR GETTING AN ON-BOARD Piece of cheap hardware!!!
{DOU}

Return to “Computer Chatter”