Problems while playing

Anything and everything about the game itself and our server

Moderator: Tommy

Rad

Problems while playing

Unread post by Rad »

I noticed that some issues started popping up while playing UT99. I wonder if this also applies to other players?
1. Sometimes bots disappear or appear like ghosts.
2. Sometimes I shoot a bot and can't kill it as if it is dropping an image.
3. Often my translocator misses the target - misses the target or goes off track (most often to the left).
4. Sometimes, for some reason, I lose the ability to drop a translocator.
:banghead:
Sometimes it becomes a nuisance if you struggle to throw out the translocator :trans: and the opponent easily shoots your head off. :gib:
And remember that there is one and only one IP,
which you must never forget:

173.208.146.178:7777
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Re: Problems while playing

Unread post by Tommy »

I played Saturday and did not experience this. I will ask a few other people but nobody else has said anything so far.

A re-install may be in order :/

T
NATAN
Site Admin

Unread post by NATAN »

I only recognize Rad's points. For some of them I have an explanation.

My experience is that there is just one bot who uses his trans-locator, as in dropping it. Don't know if bots are able to really use them to trans.
Bots disappearing happens most of the time when a real player comes in. The real player takes the bot's place on another spawn point.

This is my experience also and I know they are dropping image, because I know where they actually spawn. I shoot at an edge above the bot where he really would be.

3. Often my translocator misses the target - misses the target or goes off track (most often to the left).
I have the same problem, but not all the time. I do have the problem mostly when shooting instead of using the trans. I've learned myself to aim a bit in front of the player or bot (target).

4. Sometimes, for some reason, I lose the ability to drop a trans-locator.
This happens, but not frequently. No trans-locator, but every so often also no weapon, so nothing at all. This could be the case when out of bullets and no trans. Would this explain why there are trans-locators in some maps as an extra, like health, shields etc?

{DOU}(-:__NATAN__:-) - ( Clan DOU Recruitment Officer )

Coming Soon: http://clandou.com/cms/

"For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky"

Take a look at http://www.retro-en-design.com :)
NATAN
Site Admin

Unread post by NATAN »

Tommy wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:55 pm I played Saturday and did not experience this. I will ask a few other people but nobody else has said anything so far.

A re-install may be in order :/

T

:D
Saw you on the server, but didn't have time to join.
If you made this a weekly habit I would certainly join every time...

::hijacked::

frag_magnet

Unread post by frag_magnet »

Yes, noticed this only recently.

Yes, noticed this only recently.

(Upon reading this again, I think this is a different issue. My trans isn't going off track, it's landing where I want it to be, but when I switch I'm not where the trans landed.) This has been happening to me for years and in the past I've been told, "It's just a quirk of the game". This is especially noticeable from high elevations because of the damage it inflicts. Maybe it does it at ground level too but we just don't notice it because no harm is done. Example: I chuck the trans way up to a ledge. I see it go over the top, sit there and wait for things to settle, and when I switch I'm falling back to the ground. Very aggravating.

4. Sometimes, for some reason, I lose the ability to drop a translocator.

This happened very recently but I was blaming it on my mouse batteries.... so now I don't know. I use a wireless mouse, but I know Rad's mouse has a tail.
Rad

Unread post by Rad »

Thanks to everyone for the answers. I only reported my problems briefly, so maybe not everything was clear. I will try to describe more broadly.

Re 1: I meant an event where no new player comes into play, and no bot is killed in the meantime. I just watch the area and in a place where there was no bot before, a bot appears out of nowhere (but not that it is respawning). In general, recently during the game I have the impression of a reduced number of bots, although I know that it is not so and they are not hidden. (Perhaps reinstalling the game - as Tommy suggests - will help.)

Re 2: Recently, I had a case where a bot was standing face to face with me and there was no place above it to stand. I shot him like in the air, and he in turn could hit me with bullets. I tried below and above but also to no avail. I was able to shoot him only when I pulled back a little and pulled me closer again and slightly shifted to the side (complicated procedure, but it worked in the end).

Re 3: Frag_magnet described this problem well, so I won't repeat myself.

Re 4: The inability to throw out a translocator happens to me sometimes (sometimes more often) after running a distance, e.g. when running away. It is as if I have run out of translocators - is it possible? I thought the supply of translocators was endless. I have to fire the gun a few times before I regain the ability to throw the translocator.

I wanted to make sure if the problem was mine or the server side. I have all the drivers up to date. My internet connection is not too bad: DL / UL 300/10 Mbps. The distance from the server is quite high, but the ping is stable within 164.
I will try to reinstall the game and maybe clean the internet plugins.

@Natan and other players :tfrag:

Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

A server reboot is also in order and may help to make things run smoother. I will be doing that this week sometime.

T
Rad

Unread post by Rad »

NATAN wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:14 pm .
My experience is that there is just one bot who uses his trans-locator, as in dropping it. Don't know if bots are able to really use them to trans.

Really?
See, what bots can do with translocators on the map (H.T.R.) Massive Bedroom Ver 2.0
:trans:

:rollinglaugh:

Rad

Unread post by Rad »

Tommy wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:58 am A server reboot is also in order and may help to make things run smoother. I will be doing that this week sometime.

T
:peace_v:
Thanks, Tommy

NATAN
Site Admin

Unread post by NATAN »

Rad, would you be able to be on Teamspeak when playing UT at night. Our time?

Could be more fun!

Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

NATAN wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:20 pm .

Could be more fun!

Yeah, fun for us listening to you two try to understand each other. :P

T
Rad

Unread post by Rad »

Tommy wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:01 am
NATAN wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:20 pm .

Could be more fun!

Yeah, fun for us listening to you two try to understand each other. :P

T
Paradoxically, foreigners whose first language is not English communicate better with one another in English than with Americans or with the English. Our pronunciation, although not entirely correct, is clearer. Native speakers simplify words, "swallow" word endings, often use sentence equivalents, etc. :lurking:
Coming back to my TS, my apartment is too acoustic and it's too late. I live in a ten-story building on the second floor, but when there's a party going on at the top floor, you can hear it. :smileysex5: By default, there is a night silence from 10.00 PM to 6.00 AM.
:peace_v:
However, I will try to appear on TS one fine day.

Return to “Clan {DOU} Unreal Tournament 99 Sniper Server”