Rad Dou etc.

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: .::/3I§ON::.

LeadFree

Rad Dou etc.

Unread post by LeadFree »

Hey Clan: I come here often yet hardly ever see anything that I want to respond to or initiate. I will however express my distress with the speculation of Rad and his whereabouts. Rad's the best. Always made me feel welcome here, long before ever joining the clan. There have been times Rad's been away from the game for extended periods due to work. I trust (hope) that is the case now as well. Perhaps you all exchange info and niceties on TS?

On another note it seems to me no one other than myself and two others ever play 99 on the Dou server. Seeing as the server has been down now for about two weeks I can only deduce Dou members are busy playing other games, games which I do not have. As it is unlikely that I will get the appropriate TS gear I am considering removing the DOU from my back. I'll think about it. If I do then I thank you all in advance for (barely) voting me in and even more thanks to Ug for helping with my computer issues.

Stay safe all.
Dan
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Re: Rad Dou etc.

Unread post by Tommy »

The IP's were changed. You need to read the rest of the forum.

T
LeadFree

Not certain I wasn't being chastised there. Anyway I have frequently read the forum and have recently attempted copying and pasting the IP address from other posts into a browser and get nothing, but I admit I'm a moron with computers. Would think a person within the clan would direct me to an instruction post rather than tell me to read, but what do I know.

It's not as if I don't want to stay, but I simply can't find the game.
frag_magnet

Unread post by frag_magnet »

I feel that people being unable to find the server has been a problem as of late. Traffic was decent until the IP change. I also had trouble, and do read the forum almost daily, and it was a couple of weeks before I could find the new server on the list. If there is a way to go there directly by IP, my also being a moron with computers doesn't help. I was able to switch the RSA and see it immediately, but not on the game.

Another thing I have noticed a couple of times is I can check on the RSA, see people playing, and when I go to the "Favorites" tab in the game, the new DOU server is Ping 9999. One day I went back and forth three times, checked the RSA, see people playing, immediately go back to the game, and it's still 9999 (and people's scores in the RSA are going up and they are chatting and everything). Finally it will come up. If it's happening to me, surely it is happening to others.

As a point of constructive criticism, I was kind of blindsided by the switch and feel like maybe for a week before there should have been a timed flash message on the game warning players about the impending IP change. UT99 was already on life support and I think this change killed traffic.
Mr_MoJo

Unread post by Mr_MoJo »

Tommy wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am The IP's were changed. You need to read the rest of the forum.

T
Well said Tommy. I haven't found it an issue with it or with others playing as well.
:peace_v:
{DOU}Mr_MoJo
LeadFree

"Well said."

Direct me to where on the forum the instructions may be.

I have typed 173.206.146.178 a dozen times into chrome browser. Don't know what else to do.
LeadFree

Okay, this is what I had to do in order to get back on DOU. I saw Doc Boom playing at NFR and asked him to go to DOU so I could check populated servers. He GRACIOUSLY did so and I was able to put it into favorites. Thanks to the two DOU clan members for politely suggesting I should read the forum yet again. :roll:
IsabellaSM

Unread post by IsabellaSM »

Hi LeadFree
This is the best way to save servers IPs

First open the game, go to MULTIPLAYER and find where it says FIND LAN GAMES. Then click and a dialog box appears. Choose UT SERVERS.

Wait for the SERVERS to load
Find the one you want, in this case the DOU Clan
Notice it says: New IP * CLAN {DOU} - = Sniper Server = -
Right button and save it as a favorite

To play, you simply go to favorites, choose the server you want and double click :wink:

Greetings

Isabella
LeadFree

Gracias Senora,

Imagine receiving helpful assistance from a non clan member! Sure beats what I experienced this week. Hope all is well with you and your s. :)
NATAN
Site Admin

Unread post by NATAN »

Due to this topic, I have placed the new IP here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11274

{DOU}(-:__NATAN__:-) - ( Clan DOU Recruitment Officer )

Coming Soon: http://clandou.com/cms/

"For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky"

Take a look at http://www.retro-en-design.com :)
Mr_head
Clan DOU Recruitment Officer

Unread post by Mr_head »

I haven't been around for a while now, but this situation seems a bit of a joke, why has noone simply explained what leadfree needed to do?, its not hard and wouldn't have taken more than 5 mins of your precious day, thanks to isabella for sorting it in the end..ffs lads, come on would have taken 1 of you 5 mins to help the man out instead of dragging this shit out for weeks.....
The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs,
There is also a negative side.
NATAN
Site Admin

Unread post by NATAN »

Question asked 27th...
Answer given 28th...

Weeks....

8)
{DOU}(-:__NATAN__:-) - ( Clan DOU Recruitment Officer )

Coming Soon: http://clandou.com/cms/

"For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky"

Take a look at http://www.retro-en-design.com :)
Mr_head
Clan DOU Recruitment Officer

Unread post by Mr_head »

Haha yeah maybe I should have checked the dates, but I was happy up here on my high horse
The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs,
There is also a negative side.

Return to “General Board”