Highlander continues

Movies, TV, Music, Vegas...if it's entertainment related it goes here.
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Highlander continues

Unread post by Tommy »

Any highlander fans?

The original movie with Christoper Lambert and Sean Connery was great, the other movies with them sucked hard.

Then came a new TV series that Lambert helped launch staring a descendant of Connor McCleod named Duncan McCleod (played by Adrian Paul). I did like this series. Then several years back they made a movie that had mixed reviews and disappointing box office sales. I did like the movie myself.

Well, apparently there is more to the story and it must be told. Lions Gate Films has commissioned 3 new films to be made. The first of the 3 has already finished filming (wrapped up in December 2005) and is now in post-production. I am guessing a summer release. For those who are fans for the story, both Methos and Joe Dawson will be in the first of the 3, and neither will die (or so the rumors go). In this first movie, they all go on a trek to some obscure place on the planey, charged with a quest to discover the origins of the immortals.

All I can say is that it's about time, I thought this should have been done 10 years ago.

I'm looking forward to the movie though. I will definitely go and see it when it comes out.

T
.::/3I§ON::.

Unread post by .::/3I§ON::. »

Wait till XerXes gets off work, I'm sure he'll have a comment or 2 about it 8)
{DOU}Charger

Unread post by {DOU}Charger »

I have to agree with you Tommy although I fels the series did start to wander and get stale towards the end. I always wondered what happened to methos though.
Fighting on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics.
Even if you win you're still retarded.
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

He was in the first movie, but just for one scene where Duncan asked him about where Connor might be.

T
*DARKMATTER*

Unread post by *DARKMATTER* »

Been an age since i watched these was methos the oldest of the immortals ??
and i quite liked 1-2, 3 burned quite well sorta thru the other 2 out in story line tho but thats what happens when you milk a series of films for money

D.M.

P.S what about highlander the raven ???
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

*DARKMATTER* wrote:Been an age since i watched these was methos the oldest of the immortals ??
and i quite liked 1-2, 3 burned quite well sorta thru the other 2 out in story line tho but thats what happens when you milk a series of films for money

D.M.

P.S what about highlander the raven ???
Yeah, Methos is 5000 years old. They had a different character before Methos made his debut, he was named Darius. He was killed by a watcher (and thus no quickening). He was an ancient, but I don't recall how old he was. But irregardless, seeing how he is dead and all, methos is the oldest :)

I'd like to know who was the first.

I read like 2 years ago that immortals were kinda like nephilim's, or at the very least have some angel blood in them. I think that was just one possible story line that they were kicking around though, it will be interesting to see which story they go with.

Raven :) I have to admit though that I was never much of a fan of the "Amanda" character. She was too irrational for my tastes. I know, I know, just a TV show :)

Methos will always be my favorite. Man would I love to be able to live 5000+ years. Especially starting the clock now. I'd love to see us turn into a blade runner society, 5000+ years of future technology would be a great thing to see. I'll still be playing UT99 though ;)

T
*DARKMATTER*

Unread post by *DARKMATTER* »

Yea i think methos was just a replacement for darius he was also 5000 yrs old as it happens (they probably killed him off then thought of some story lines they could of used him for). I never watched the series that close to get the whole story line but in the film the immortals were sent to earth as a punishment so you know they wont go down that path in the series and i never got into the raven either just too samey for me like they took the old story lines gave them a bit of a twist i guess cheap series for them

I also think you have to seperate the films from the series and even stories becouse they addapt them too much

D.M.
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

*DARKMATTER* wrote:Yea i think methos was just a replacement for darius he was also 5000 yrs old as it happens (they probably killed him off then thought of some story lines they could of used him for). I never watched the series that close to get the whole story line but in the film the immortals were sent to earth as a punishment so you know they wont go down that path in the series and i never got into the raven either just too samey for me like they took the old story lines gave them a bit of a twist i guess cheap series for them

I also think you have to seperate the films from the series and even stories becouse they addapt them too much

D.M.
Yeah, in the first movie it was just normal immortal stuff. Then they wanted to do a sequel but the problem was that Connor had killed off all off the other immortals and thus won the "prize." So they came up with this whole other planet thing to explain how they could continue the story. But the die-hard fans hated it (I did too) so they started the TV series along the original story but just convienently decided to forget about Connor winning the prize. So there are still plenty of immortals left to do battle with.

The problem with Darius was that he took a vow to no longer take heads and lived on holy ground as a monk. They ay have wanted an ancient immortal that wasn't adverse to trimming some ugly fat off of a few bad immortals, lol.

Lol, yes, I was a big fan of the franchise ;)

T

Return to “Entertainment Central”