Dell Hell

Computer Related Topics Can Be Found Here
{DOU}Charger

Dell Hell

Unread post by {DOU}Charger »

Some of you know that Shorties computer has been down for a week. I was tied up on the phone with Dell for hours yesterday trying to resolve the problem so she could play today against XIS.

It is running now!!! And she is setting up UT as I type. What a pain in the ass this process was. Guys if you ever even consider a dell you have already wasted too much time.

This machine is less than one year old and under warrenty. It took me 48 min to get a person on the software help line to be connected to a hardware person whom I could not understand anyway. Another 19 min and I find out the problem is not covered, my choices: hang up (yeah right), Pay $139 to fix this problem or, pay $253 to have a support contract for 1 year on all dells owned (4 Stupid ME).

Another 93 min, $253 and, 3 dead phone batteries later the computer is fixed.

Wrong

At least now that I paid the ransome I have a direct line to call. It only took 18 min to get a person, who informs me the first guy fixed it wrong and I have to format again. Another hour and a half and it is finaly back to normal...well at least running.

A whole day wasted in Dell Hell putting up with all the Dellays all day I said screw it called out from work and went to a party.

Whoever said "Dude you got a dud"....Understatement of the year.

A big thanks to Jarg, for all your help we were able to save her important files.

Another thanks to Tommy for helping her to get her video card up again.
Fighting on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics.
Even if you win you're still retarded.
{DOU}The Jargonaut

Unread post by {DOU}The Jargonaut »

I hate Dell. They are the worst. Still, I am glad that you have the rig up and running again. What was the password issue? This could be good knowledge for future referance.
{DOU}cHiCkEn

Unread post by {DOU}cHiCkEn »

Sorry to hear about your problem. I have a Dell laptop going on about 2 years now and no issues with it.

Like anything else, sometimes you get a crappy one, whether it's cars, computers or women. :lol:
{DOU}Charger

The Jargonaut wrote:I hate Dell. They are the worst. Still, I am glad that you have the rig up and running again. What was the password issue? This could be good knowledge for future referance.
It never got addressed, they went in a different way.
{DOU}Charger

{DOU}.:\cHiCkEn/:. wrote:Sorry to hear about your problem. I have a Dell laptop going on about 2 years now and no issues with it.

Like anything else, sometimes you get a crappy one, whether it's cars, computers or women. :lol:
This problem really was not thier fault. Shortie uninstalled a game that took out her dll files with it. The problem with Dell was the time spent in the phone chain only to be sent to the wrong place, not having employees who speak english well enough to be understood, not having competent employees who can fix your problem the first time, and finaly having to pay $253 ransome for them to help fix a $350 computer.

I did have a mother board go in another one after two weeks. It took then a month to get me a new one and then 3 days on the phone to India to get it running again.

I also want to put a second hard drive in two of the dells....guess what?
You need special mounting plates to do that and Dell will not sell a mounting kit. The only way to get a kit is buy the exact same hard drive from them at an inflated price, THEN you get a kit.

Fortunatly I have the ability to make my own brackets.

The only good thing is that I have made a friend in India now.
{DOU}cHiCkEn

{DOU}Charger wrote:
{DOU}.:\cHiCkEn/:. wrote:Sorry to hear about your problem. I have a Dell laptop going on about 2 years now and no issues with it.

This problem really was not thier fault. Shortie uninstalled a game that took out her dll files with it. The problem with Dell was the time spent in the phone chain only to be sent to the wrong place, not having employees who speak english well enough to be understood, not having competent employees who can fix your problem the first time, and finaly having to pay $253 ransome for them to help fix a $350 computer.

I did have a mother board go in another one after two weeks. It took then a month to get me a new one and then 3 days on the phone to India to get it running again.

I also want to put a second hard drive in two of the dells....guess what?
You need special mounting plates to do that and Dell will not sell a mounting kit. The only way to get a kit is buy the exact same hard drive from them at an inflated price, THEN you get a kit.

Fortunatly I have the ability to make my own brackets.

The only good thing is that I have made a friend in India now.
This is why I build my own desktops. :D
{DOU}The Jargonaut

Ditto, Chicken.
It is amazing how simple it really is. Too bad you can't build a Mac.
{DOU}plumber

Unread post by {DOU}plumber »

Yea Me Too Chicken.
{DOU}The Jargonaut

Charger. I have EVERY confidence that you could put together a new computer. So you may not have tech support. Sounds to me like you would be better off.
You may not be able to build one as cheaply as Dell, but then again, you will not build one as CHEAPLY as Dell.
Just a thought.
And for the record, EVERY computer that I have personally built is running STRONG to this day. I am talking at least 3 years (one is going on it's 7th year). Good quality parts equals good quality computer.
{DOU}Charger

The Jargonaut wrote:Charger. I have EVERY confidence that you could put together a new computer. So you may not have tech support. Sounds to me like you would be better off.
You may not be able to build one as cheaply as Dell, but then again, you will not build one as CHEAPLY as Dell.
Just a thought.
And for the record, EVERY computer that I have personally built is running STRONG to this day. I am talking at least 3 years (one is going on it's 7th year). Good quality parts equals good quality computer.
I was thinking about and have been checking out the hardware prices. I see some stuff but sometimes I am not sure what fits together. Learning more of the terminology will help. Working on that! I have the parts list of what is in the VOODOO that I want and have been researching it.
{DOU}The Jargonaut

Lemme know if you need any help.
Voodoo uses overclocking for their computers and liquid cooling. I have piddled in OCing but I have never installed liquid cooling. Keep in mind that you could probably build a Voodoo clone for less than a Voodoo. You pay for the name on thier computers.
{DOU}Charger

The Jargonaut wrote:Lemme know if you need any help.
Voodoo uses overclocking for their computers and liquid cooling. I have piddled in OCing but I have never installed liquid cooling. Keep in mind that you could probably build a Voodoo clone for less than a Voodoo. You pay for the name on thier computers.
Yeah everyone can help!!! Post some sites that sell inexpensive components. I find stuff on E-bay but I'm a little afraid to buy electronics there.
{DOU}The Jargonaut

People Who Know, Newegg!
http://www.newegg.com
{DOU}cHiCkEn

I have good luck buying parts from Tiger Direct.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/
{DOU}The Jargonaut

I do as well, Chicken. They charge sales tax here in NC though. I find Newegg is the FASTEST shipper. I usually get my order delivered in 2-3 days.

Return to “Computer Chatter”