Logitech MX518 Gaming Mouse

Computer Related Topics Can Be Found Here
{DOU}plumber

Unread post by {DOU}plumber »

That IS a nice Key Board too!
I have a great mouse, Logitech
Its all optical , Won't say what it cost, else hear GZ break chops bout spending too much money .
Get the mouse pad the mouse even slides a little easier.
Moon

Unread post by Moon »

The Jargonaut wrote:Moon! Why did you have to show me that keyboard! That is AWESOME!
LOL !!! And have a look on my mouse pad here
I'm sure you can't imagine how much smoother your mouse can be on it !!!

ps : I tried a Razer but I didn't like the place of the ball (in that time) too much on the rear of the mouse/hand.
-------------------o00o---°(_)°---o00o----------------------
*DARKMATTER*

Unread post by *DARKMATTER* »

I got the MX510 and its great once i modded out the recess on the little finger side didnt like it but a small amount of resin putty cured that, bought it complete with an S&S steel mouse pad its huge loads of playing area. Tommy they also have 8 buttons with 2 on the side that are operated with thumb one closest is what i use for T.S.
Ohh and to give them extra slip mine came with some neat pads you replace the standard ones with.
D.M.
GRouND ZeRo

Unread post by GRouND ZeRo »

Mouse Pads???? I'd rather get a mouse RUG!

Yeah! a miniture area rug for your mouse!
{DOU}

*DARKMATTER*

Unread post by *DARKMATTER* »

*DARKMATTER* wrote:I got the MX510 and its great once i modded out the recess on the little finger side didnt like it but a small amount of resin putty cured that, bought it complete with an S&S steel mouse pad its huge loads of playing area. Tommy they also have 8 buttons with 2 on the side that are operated with thumb one closest is what i use for T.S.
Ohh and to give them extra slip mine came with some neat pads you replace the standard ones with.
D.M.
The pads i'm talking about being extra ones are the ones attached to the bottom of the mouse
GRouND ZeRo

*DARKMATTER* wrote:
*DARKMATTER* wrote:I got the MX510 and its great once i modded out the recess on the little finger side didnt like it but a small amount of resin putty cured that, bought it complete with an S&S steel mouse pad its huge loads of playing area. Tommy they also have 8 buttons with 2 on the side that are operated with thumb one closest is what i use for T.S.
D.M.
The pads i'm talking about being extra ones are the ones attached to the bottom of the mouse
NO SKIDMARKS!
{DOU}

{DOU}The Jargonaut

Unread post by {DOU}The Jargonaut »

As for the mouse pads (the thing you put under your mouse like a carpet), I did not use one for a long time. Then I got one free with my cable internet. Now, I could not play without one. The mouse just feels better with it.
{DOU}Charger

Unread post by {DOU}Charger »

I have a Razer Diamonback. Not real happy with it. I had to file the little nubs in the side switch down. The worst part is the sensitivity...wow...way to fast all the way on the lowest setting.
Fighting on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics.
Even if you win you're still retarded.
{DOU}The Jargonaut

I have always prefered a fast sensitive mouse. I floored Shortie with this information.
When I play UT Redeemers, I usually set the ingame sensitivity to 8.00. She has hers around 1.00.
8.00 does not work well for snipers. I set it to around 4.00 That is why I am fast with the trigger, but inaccurate. :lol:
Moon

Unread post by Moon »

lol, I'm 7.00 in redeemer and 1.70 in sniper IN UT99 but in UT2K4, I'm about 4.00. Those two games have not the same scrollings and display.
{DOU}The Jargonaut

Moon wrote:lol, I'm 7.00 in redeemer and 1.70 in sniper IN UT99 but in UT2K4, I'm about 4.00. Those two games have not the same scrollings and display.
Agreed.
I tried to play sniper at a low setting, around 2 or so, but it felt like I was walking in mud or something.
No clue what my 2K4 setting is. I will have a look.
Moon

Unread post by Moon »

The thing is in what my mx518 can do only with one button !!!!!!

I'm set in a way that right now, if I play deemer, I press the button to be in 1600 dpi and if I go sniping (UT99) I go down to 800 dpi.
More, if I find a deemer in a sniper server, I only have to set the 1600 dpi and after it exploded I set back the 800 dpi and snipe... Great !
And I didn't install the Logitech 518 mouse special driver !

And after that if I want to play UT2K4 sniper servers, I go back to 1600 dpi because I set my mouse at 3.5 in the game.

Those mouse buttons are fantastic ! :D :D :D
{DOU}cHiCkEn

Unread post by {DOU}cHiCkEn »

Update:

I LOVE THIS MOUSE! I haven't even gotten into fine tuning the dpi for the diff. games and I don't have a mouse pad yet, just using it on the desk, but it is already DA BOMB!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :peace_v:

Logitech® MX™518 Gaming-Grade™ Optical Mouse

{DOU}The Jargonaut

GREAT!
The smooooothness is always a big bonus.
GRouND ZeRo

Talk about a Functional mouse... I picked up a Microsloth Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 and it has SIDESCROLL and an extra button to Magnify the area where the mouse cursor so I'll be happening...

1000dpi BABY!!!

I missed the old one(800dpi) which had the light up scroll wheel so I robbed the Blue LED and stuck it in my new one!!! hehehe... and I had a Multicolor LED and stuck that in the OLD one... A great stocking stuffer!!!

So I got an old Logitech black Optical mouse, got the cheap modified(colourful) mouse and I got me a Modified (blue lighted wheel)Microsloth SIDESCROLL mouse...

Anyone need an Optical mouse???
Get rid of the old BALL???

I'll post a picture later...
{DOU}

Return to “Computer Chatter”