The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion

Discuss Other Games Here That Don't Have a Section For Them
{DOU}The Jargonaut

The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion

Unread post by {DOU}The Jargonaut »

My best friend, and former boss got me a copy of this game. It does not have any bad reviews. He has it for X-Box 360 and loves it.
I will post one of my favorite :wink: reviews when I get into the game a little. http://www.elderscrolls.com/home/home.htm
Check out this screen shot
{DOU}Charger

Unread post by {DOU}Charger »

I don't think your level 12 paladin is ready for that. Now my level 31 warrior on the other hand....
Fighting on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics.
Even if you win you're still retarded.
{DOU}The Jargonaut

Heck, I'd run like a scalded dog if my Level 12 Paladin found this thing. :D
Sorry, that was another "southernism".
*DARKMATTER*

Unread post by *DARKMATTER* »

The Jargonaut wrote:Heck, I'd run like a scalded dog if my Level 12 Paladin found this thing. :D
Sorry, that was another "southernism".
It maybe a southern saying in the U.S but its a northern saying in the U.K
{DOU}The Jargonaut

Heh, I would love to hear a Brit yell out a good YEEEEHAAA! :lol:
{DOU}The Jargonaut

First Impressions

WOW! If you have the system to run this, it is a FACINATING game. I am not even out of the tutorial level, and I have played for hours.
Very realistic, in a kinda D&D way.

What I like MOST is the fact that you can be whatever kind of character you like. I am playing a sneaky, theiflike character that uses archery for a quick kill. FUN!
Moon

Unread post by Moon »

The Jargonaut wrote:First Impressions

WOW! If you have the system to run this, it is a FACINATING game. I am not even out of the tutorial level, and I have played for hours.
Very realistic, in a kinda D&D way.

What I like MOST is the fact that you can be whatever kind of character you like. I am playing a sneaky, theiflike character that uses archery for a quick kill. FUN!
Lol that's why I don't see you on line !!! :(

:wink:
-------------------o00o---°(_)°---o00o----------------------
{DOU}The Jargonaut

Yep. I am still likeing this game. Very well done, and sooooo much to do.

On a scale of 1-5 (5 being the best) I would have to give it a 4.5. Can't give it a 5 because i have not even started the main quest yet and have played for hours. I may have to up my score :D
Moon

Unread post by Moon »

The Jargonaut wrote:Can't give it a 5 because i have not even started the main quest yet and have played for hours. I may have to up my score :D
This is one of the major things that makes that I can't like those games !!!
(I already explained the main reason which concerns the "programmed" fights instead of direct personal action).
-------------------o00o---°(_)°---o00o----------------------
escapedturkey

Unread post by escapedturkey »

The game is direct action, there are no 'programmed fights'. You actually use first person style combat, not hit a key and watch the battle. You have to actually aim and move properly. The game requires twitch, stealth, strategy, power, and a lot of skills combined. It would be unfair to simply call this an RPG because it takes elements from all great games and applies them.

Oblivion is easily probably going to be the best game this year. The only RPG aspect is the fact that the game is super immersive and puts you in a different reality. It's like you are actually in another world, playing the game.

I suggest not criticizing unless you try it. You will be totally blown away.

The video review sums up the game very nicely:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/theelder ... eview.html

I will easily say this is one of the best games I've ever played and I've played a lot of games from Atari 2600 through C-64 to Amiga, to PC, etc.

8)
escapedturkey

{DOU}The Jargonaut

Man, I never had a chance to play Amiga games. I know there are emulators out there. I may have to give them a try.
Also, Turkey is correct. This is all real time. Not "You hit Big Ugly Monster for 20 points damage" .
escapedturkey

The Amiga was way ahead of its time. It actually used a Unix based OS and a GUI. It also used multiple processors for different purposes -- something that took the PC to do with the Voodoo 1 or Glint Chip with the SB or Ad Lib.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/news/press_041006.htm

1.7 million sales. Is that a lot? :o
{DOU}The Jargonaut

Hmm. Let's do the math.

1,700,000 times an average of $55.00 (60 fro the Xbox 360 version and $50.00 for the PC version).

$93,500,000.00

Umm... WOW!
Over 1.7 million units of Oblivion for the PC and Xbox 360 have been shipped since the launch of the game.
Of course the number above is probably skewed because the number of XBoxes out there are not equal to the number of game PCs. Still, considering the "Special Editions" that run $10 higher, I think that the ratio may be close.
*DARKMATTER*

Unread post by *DARKMATTER* »

Hmmm if they can make 70 million on a game i see no reason to have to charge to play it online also, so for 90 million damn.

D.M.

Return to “Other Games Of Interest”