I need a new case.

Computer Related Topics Can Be Found Here
{DOU}The Jargonaut

Unread post by {DOU}The Jargonaut »

escapedturkey wrote:
The Jargonaut wrote:I have the cables wrapped up and out of the way. I think that this mid tower is just too small. At one time, I had 6 fans in it. 3 in front blowing in and three in back blowing out. Still overheated.
It became a convection oven.
Yep. No doubt. The funny thing is that it seemed the heat was centered around the ram. I increased the flow to that area and it got even warmer. The vid card, proc, and hhds were all okay.
escapedturkey

Unread post by escapedturkey »

The Jargonaut wrote:Yes. That is why I ask if anyone has had success with a patricular case. I bought this one for looks and got burned (excuse the pun). I want something that is functional, but not overpriced.
Any suggestions?
You can find cases with a large fan in the back. Try that without any other fans (except for CPU/VID/MB) and see if it works.
{DOU}The Jargonaut

escapedturkey wrote:
The Jargonaut wrote:Yes. That is why I ask if anyone has had success with a patricular case. I bought this one for looks and got burned (excuse the pun). I want something that is functional, but not overpriced.
Any suggestions?
You can find cases with a large fan in the back. Try that without any other fans (except for CPU/VID/MB) and see if it works.
Thanks. Will do :D
*DARKMATTER*

Unread post by *DARKMATTER* »

escapedturkey wrote:
*DARKMATTER* wrote:Any one have any idea what the temp range should be on amd???
http://www.pantherproducts.co.uk/Articl ... ures.shtml
Ok thx turkey

AMD Athlon 64 (Socket 939, 1.4 volts) 65°C

Mines 33°C Guess its ok
*DARKMATTER*

Unread post by *DARKMATTER* »

escapedturkey wrote:
Any suggestions?
Thats how my case is set up one large fan in the middle of the back panel, air vents (Large) front and side, the front one taking up half the space.
Last edited by *DARKMATTER* on Wed May 24, 2006 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
{DOU}The Jargonaut

*DARKMATTER* wrote:One thing i do know is if you have fans blowing in they should be half the size of the ones blowing out to create the flow needed or for example 2 sucking and one blowing etc
So that was my mistake. I evened out the airflow which in effect made an uneven cooling situation. Thanks. Good info to have.
escapedturkey

Yah, when you mess with multiple fans it's difficult to get the air flow just right. It's real easy to create that sorta compression where the heat stays in vs. flowing out.
{DOU}The Jargonaut

Based on this discussion, I think that I may go with another mid tower but with a 120mm in the rear instead of an 80. What do you folks think of this case?
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... 1&CatId=32
{DOU}The Jargonaut

Okay. I purchased the case above and also a new power supply to go with it.
Nothing fancy.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6817153023

I will let you know how it turns out.

Thanks again to all for your help.
escapedturkey

We are all eager to know the outcome. I can't take another breathe.
GRouND ZeRo

Unread post by GRouND ZeRo »

I should show you guys a more recent picture of my case to show how littered the one side is with stickers...
{DOU}

{DOU}The Jargonaut

Well, you can stop holding your breaths now. I installed the rig into the new motherboard...
Just one issue.
After cleaning out the video card with canned air, it will not work. Shame too, as it was a killer card. BFG 6800 GT. I have had it for almost two years.
All is well though. BFG issued me a RMA # and I should have my new card within the next two weeks. They did not even require a receipt.

Much like Apple fanatics, I am sold on BFG Tech products. They stand by their lifetime warranty. Due to the outstanding customer service, they have gained a customer for life.

http://www.bfgtech.com/
escapedturkey

Thank you for the status report. I shall add it our most precious records.
{DOU}The Jargonaut

That means so much to me coming from such an upstanding, hard working member of the clan as yourself. It is great to see how you represent the {DOU}. I am sure that the rest of the clan are proud to have you as a member.
escapedturkey

Agreed. Offering 6 servers to the clan totalling over $200 + a month is from hard earned work. I should get a raise. Will you be my reference? Perhaps I should change my ways -- know nothing, have nothing to offer, and demand unconditional god-like status. If I don't get my way, I'll leave, but I still want everyone to pay attention to my nonsense posts, damnit!

Return to “Computer Chatter”