I need a new case.

Computer Related Topics Can Be Found Here
{DOU}The Jargonaut

I need a new case.

Unread post by {DOU}The Jargonaut »

Any suggestions? I need one that has great airflow and not too expensive. Looks do not matter as much as functionality.
Any help with this?
Moon

Re: I need a new case.

Unread post by Moon »

The Jargonaut wrote:Any suggestions? I need one that has great airflow and not too expensive. Looks do not matter as much as functionality.
Any help with this?
May be Darkmatter could have and idea : I think he knows that stuff well !
I have no clue of what could help in this domain !... :( :D :D :D
-------------------o00o---°(_)°---o00o----------------------
{DOU}Charger

Unread post by {DOU}Charger »

Check there out all reasonable and some really nice ones here.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... CatId=1510

If you are concerned with heat, check out the fans, get a tower with a bunch of drive bays so you can put a drive bay fan in too.
Fighting on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics.
Even if you win you're still retarded.
GRouND ZeRo

Unread post by GRouND ZeRo »

Everyone likes the clear sides on them but if you want airflow in a case look for any odd case and see how many fans that you can stack in it...

My case allows me to put 4 extra fans in it... 2 in the front and 2 in the back but I only have 2 in the back other than one in my P/S...

But you want to make sure that it will last longer like air filters to get rid of the dust if you have any concern for airflow make sure that air will freely flow through the front of the case straight out the back but some cases allow you to get air from the side to get cooler air to the CPU, mine has a cone that's bolted to the side which allows air straight to the CPU heatsink... but if I can find a better heatsink/cooling fan for my ATI vid card I would be much happier since there's no fan on it just a heatsink...

So don't invest in a $1000.00 case to get what you want but just find a case that allows as many fans as you want which you should find for about $40.00-$50.00...
{DOU}

*DARKMATTER*

Unread post by *DARKMATTER* »

you could try blowing out air( pun intended) and go for water cooling but you gotta put in the bucks too for that, as wrote above go for the bigger case so you can add more fans if needed also cable wrap all cables to keep them nice and neat this helps more then some think.
escapedturkey

Unread post by escapedturkey »

Minimal airflow is best. If you attempt too much you just create a back pressure and keep the heat in -- often creating a convection oven situation. Always make sure the airflow is going in one direction. Optimal situation -- no fans in the front though with reasonable ventilation for the pull and a large one in the back and that's it. Avoid having fans on the top, bottom or sides -- it may stop the airflow from going in one direction. Keep it simple.
{DOU}The Jargonaut

Thanks folks. This computer has always given me problems with heat buildup. I have had to run it without the side on it and a 12" fan blowing on it to keep it cool. I am not sure what is causing the heating issues, but hopefully a new case will help. Also, the noise from it is really loud. Perhaps a full tower with a couple of 120 mm fans would help with that.
Thanks again for your suggestions.
{DOU}The Jargonaut

{DOU}Charger wrote:Check there out all reasonable and some really nice ones here.

If you are concerned with heat, check out the fans, get a tower with a bunch of drive bays so you can put a drive bay fan in too.
Heehee. The first case that this link brings up is suweet! Just a tad outta my price range. Man, it looks cool though :D
escapedturkey

Airflow is more important than case size. A large case with crappy flow will just spin the heat around and cook things.
{DOU}The Jargonaut

*DARKMATTER* wrote:you could try blowing out air( pun intended) and go for water cooling but you gotta put in the bucks too for that, as wrote above go for the bigger case so you can add more fans if needed also cable wrap all cables to keep them nice and neat this helps more then some think.
I have the cables wrapped up and out of the way. I think that this mid tower is just too small. At one time, I had 6 fans in it. 3 in front blowing in and three in back blowing out. Still overheated.
As far as water cooling, I would LOVE to do it, but not on this rig. It is outdated now. Perhaps on the next rig I will give it a go... IF I decided that i want a desktop. Laptops are looking more and more appealing to me these days.
*DARKMATTER*

Any one have any idea what the temp range should be on amd???
escapedturkey

The Jargonaut wrote:I have the cables wrapped up and out of the way. I think that this mid tower is just too small. At one time, I had 6 fans in it. 3 in front blowing in and three in back blowing out. Still overheated.
It became a convection oven.
{DOU}The Jargonaut

escapedturkey wrote:Airflow is more important than case size. A large case with crappy flow will just spin the heat around and cook things.
Yes. That is why I ask if anyone has had success with a patricular case. I bought this one for looks and got burned (excuse the pun). I want something that is functional, but not overpriced.
Any suggestions?
escapedturkey

*DARKMATTER* wrote:Any one have any idea what the temp range should be on amd???
http://www.pantherproducts.co.uk/Articl ... ures.shtml
*DARKMATTER*

One thing i do know is if you have fans blowing in they should be half the size of the ones blowing out to create the flow needed or for example 2 sucking and one blowing etc

Return to “Computer Chatter”