Added: AnthChecker

Anything and everything about the game itself and our server

Moderator: Tommy

Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Added: AnthChecker

Unread post by Tommy »

I have added AnthChecker to the sniper server.

AnthChecker checks all of the packages that a client (player) who connects to the server is using. These are checked via a MD5 checksum. The purpose of this is to make sure people are playing with official packages and not edited packages that are cheats.

WARNING: This is a general warning to all players on our clan servers. If you ever had a cheat installed, now would be the time to make sure that it and all it's associated files have been removed from your HDD. Here is a list of excuses we will and will not accept.

Will Not Accept

01) "I am a server admin and have the files installed to test my server." If you know how to install the cheat for a test, then you know how to uninstall it before playing on someone else's server.

02) "My bother / cousin had a cheat installed and I didn't realize it." Well, then I guess your brother / cousin ruined it for you.

03) "I was curious as to how the cheat worked at one time, but I don't use it anymore." Curiosity killed the cat.

04) "I used to cheat but I saw the error in my way and went legit. The files are just left over files that I no longer use." Once a cheater always a cheater.

05) "I swear to God that I never installed a cheat!!! OMG, WTF!!! The file must have been downloaded from a server I previously connected to!!!" Bullshit. These type packages are required for the client to run in the first place and the server does not pass them.

Will Accept

01) Nothing. If you are caught with a bogus file, you are toast.

Please remember when deciding if you want to take your chances that Clan DOU will pass your cheat information along to many other clan server admins. This will include your name, clan, I.P. address, and cheat used, as well as any other information we gather on you. This will in effect end your fine reputation and ability to play on most UT99 servers. So don't be a fuck-tard and play fair from the get-go. You have been warned.

For the rest of you, this will help ensure a more fair playing environment and is something I am sure we will all appreciate.

I am tweaking the settings now. This change will take effect later in the day after I reboot the server.

Tommy
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

This is of course up and running.

It looks like it may have paid off already. Since it is a first hit i have asked for confirmation before I take action. The person in question is a new regular playing in the late evenings.

I'll keep everybody updated when I find out for sure.

Tommy
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

O.K., it ended up being a semi-positive. There is a warez version of UT99 floating around the net that this person is using. It has some of the skins shaded a bit darker.

In the UT99 community it is not considered to be a cheat really (our clan skin is probably darker anyway, lol). The person running it may not even know he has it as he just downloaded the game from a site and that is how he got it.

Tommy
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

But it is good to know that anthchecker knew of even this.

T
{DOU}The Jargonaut

Unread post by {DOU}The Jargonaut »

I think that it is great. Good work Tommy.

/asskissing mode off :twisted:

Return to “Clan {DOU} Unreal Tournament 99 Sniper Server”