Temporary Ban - Draco & El Toro

Anything and everything about the game itself and our server

Moderator: Tommy

Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Temporary Ban - Draco & El Toro

Unread post by Tommy »

ScriptLog: ChatLog ([FUN]Draco): meet you over at the other place... you know what I mean
ScriptLog: ChatLog (EL_TORO): not really
ScriptLog: ChatLog (EL_TORO): fun server?
ScriptLog: ChatLog (EL_TORO): lol
ScriptLog: ChatLog (EL_TORO):
ScriptLog: ChatLog ([FUN]Draco): lol
ScriptLog: ChatLog (EL_TORO): sorry
ScriptLog: ChatLog (<cAr>Timnator): n1
ScriptLog: ChatLog ([FUN]Draco): yep
ScriptLog: ChatLog (EL_TORO): ok, brt
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection2392 Sun Sep 23 16:16:40 2007
ScriptLog: ChatLog: EL_TORO left the game.
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection2385 Sun Sep 23 16:16:50 2007
ScriptLog: ChatLog: [FUN]Draco left the game.
This is a pretty bad offense. Not just with DOU but the whole UT community, you never go into another clans server and pull people out of the server telling them to go to yours.

Yeah people, I read the logs. Remember that thing that pops up in game every so minutes that says "All activities are logged, don't screw around." Well, they are and don't.

The people involved each receive a 1 week ban from the sniper server. If it happens again the result will be a permanent ban. It's not like one of the 2 above hasn't been guilty of something similar in the past, so I am being quite lenient here.

Tommy
Last edited by Tommy on Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Draco

Unread post by Draco »

Why did you leave out the lines before that where I said I'd rather not say as to avoid 'redirecting' away from your server? Anyway, You can take it how you like. It was never intended the way you have made it out. Have a good one.

-Johnny Jones
§h¤®tï£

Unread post by §h¤®tï£ »

Draco wrote:Why did you leave out the lines before that where I said I'd rather not say as to avoid 'redirecting' away from your server? Anyway, You can take it how you like. It was never intended the way you have made it out. Have a good one.

-Johnny Jones
In my opinion, either way you still brought up going to the another server and taking traffic from our server with you.
{DOU}Cygnus

Unread post by {DOU}Cygnus »

Draco wrote:Why did you leave out the lines before that where I said I'd rather not say as to avoid 'redirecting' away from your server? Anyway, You can take it how you like. It was never intended the way you have made it out. Have a good one.

-Johnny Jones
Doesn't matter that it was left out or not. Your statement "meet you over at the other place... you know what I mean" made it pretty clear to me what your intention was.

-JB
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

Thank you guys, well said.

Yes, it is correct that had I included what was above that, it would have shown that you did not type the I.P. of your server. That was not the issue. The issue was that you came into our server and told someone else to go to your clans server, something that is against our rules and pretty much the rules of all other servers in the gaming community.
Draco wrote:Why did you leave out the lines before that where I said I'd rather not say as to avoid 'redirecting' away from your server?
Just because you didn't type in the I.P. doesn't mean you weren't "redirecting" someone from our server. You were doing exactly that.

But of course you knew that. I did not plan to bring it up, but as I hinted to above you've done this before when you would come into the sniper server and tell everybody to go to the bolt server. That caused quite a stir in the clan and lead to an eventual split of 6 people from DOU. So it should come as no surprise that I will not allow that type of conduct to continue. I was much more lenient that I could have been here. I see no reason to kid-glove someone who walked out on DOU trashing a game server as he went.

If this happens again I will react much harsher than now.

{DOU}Tommy
Draco

Unread post by Draco »

Tommy wrote:Thank you guys, well said.

Yes, it is correct that had I included what was above that, it would have shown that you did not type the I.P. of your server. That was not the issue. The issue was that you came into our server and told someone else to go to your clans server, something that is against our rules and pretty much the rules of all other servers in the gaming community.
Draco wrote:Why did you leave out the lines before that where I said I'd rather not say as to avoid 'redirecting' away from your server?
Just because you didn't type in the I.P. doesn't mean you weren't "redirecting" someone from our server. You were doing exactly that.

But of course you knew that. I did not plan to bring it up, but as I hinted to above you've done this before when you would come into the sniper server and tell everybody to go to the bolt server. That caused quite a stir in the clan and lead to an eventual split of 6 people from DOU. So it should come as no surprise that I will not allow that type of conduct to continue. I was much more lenient that I could have been here. I see no reason to kid-glove someone who walked out on DOU trashing a game server as he went.

If this happens again I will react much harsher than now.

{DOU}Tommy
Just to be fair here, I'm going to go ahead and say that yes, I guess what I did could be considered redirecting. However, I never asked for your decision to be reconsidered. The person who I was talking to only came in to the server to find me. The part that bugs me is the whole"you trashed a server on your way out" comment. Exactly what server was that? The bolt-Action server that I put up in the first place? How did I trash it? All I did was remove the source of your heart-ache by removing the weapon I made. All you had to do was restart it and the ini's I took out would have regenerated and all you would of had to do was add the mutators you wanted. Basically, it was still a functional server minus the rifle and the ini's. That doesn't sound trashed at all to me or anyone else with server experience.

I left the clan for these reasons. You were unhappy and the baby you had spent 2 years building had become something that you weren't happy with. You proposed 3 options that were entirely unexceptable. Why should you have to leave the baby you created. Why should the clan split-up? The way you went about it made it obvious you didn't care how it was going to affect me. I then knew what you were talking about when you told me a few days before that I was really going to hate you for what you were about to do. I figured removing myself was the best option so you could stay looking good to everyone involved.

The part that kills me is that I had a hand and access into everything DOU. If I wanted to screw you, I would have. By the time you would have figured out what happened, there would not have been a DOU. You made me promise that if I ever left the clan, I wouldn't pull what passed members had done to you, like MadDog and Turkey. I kept that promise.
I tried to leave with as much grace and as quietly as possible and I think I did just that.

Need I remind you that, almost everytime our servers got shutdown or deleted(in the case of Turkey), it was me that drove clear across town and uploaded the only back-ups (made by me) through a T-3 so that the clan didn't have to go without a server? Or that when turkey screwed us the last time it was my server that was the only one left? I set it up with full-auto mutators so that the clan had it until the dedicated box was bought and set-up. Even then, it was I that drove across town in the evening to upload my back-ups to get the dedicated box going.

It bugs me that you think I did something so wrong when I had nothing but loyalty for you and the clan. The little post you made that started this all is what got to me the most. How was I supposed to take it when someone I valued as a friend sits there and lists off everything I had done for the clan over a years time and then tears it down to nothing? Then, you respond later in the same thread like some highschool kid breaking up with a girl by saying 'It isn't you, it's just me'. If you were so unhappy, you could have came to me in private and asked me to remove the bolt-action. I would have made an excuse or something about a huge bug in the code and removed the server. Instead, you almost seemed intent on destroying someone who could have been considered your right-hand man.

You mention that I took 6 members with me. I did not. Not a single one of them knew I was leaving. They left on their own free will because they didn't like what you did, either. There are more still in your clan that think you were out of line but would rather not say anything because they like playing with other members in DOU.

After the formation of my clan, I put out a request that no mud-slinging happen towards you or DOU. My members have honored my wishes and I'm happy to see that you and your members have done the same by keeping any opinions you have out the public view.

I have sent you a couple of emails and PM's asking you to talk with me because we were friends once. I have never even received a reply. The one time I was in your TS (before it was shut-down), I said hi and you totally blew me off. You didn't even show up to the FN 1v1 UZI meeting. Are you afraid to talk to me? You know that I am one of the most laid-back people on earth.

My invitation still stands if you wanna talk. I sent you my TS info and I'm more than willing to come and talk with you in your vent.

-Johnny Jones
Moon

Unread post by Moon »

Dang ! This last post is too much for my english level !!
I don't know if the content is ok but I just say that it's not very smart to invite someone to quit a server to go on another one ! :roll:

imo
-------------------o00o---°(_)°---o00o----------------------
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

Btw, El Toro is Omegaman. I don't know what type of shit these guys are trying to pull here but I don't like it.

I will be posting more soon.

Tommy
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

The ban on both players is now in effect and will last one week.

If either person connects with a different I.P. to get around the ban, the temporary ban will turn into a permanent ban.

I have to say that I am very disappointed with both of you. You have both in a short time gone from valued members of this clan to being banned. Let's see if this is what it takes for both of you to get your acts together.

Tommy
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

The bans have been lifted.

T

Return to “Clan {DOU} Unreal Tournament 99 Sniper Server”