UNREAL TOURNAMENT 3 DEMO

Discuss Other Games Here That Don't Have a Section For Them
{DOU}=TALON=
Clan {DOU} Member

UNREAL TOURNAMENT 3 DEMO

Unread post by {DOU}=TALON= »

8) UNREALTOURNAMENT 3 THE DEMO is out Download the demo here. 8)

http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/ut3/
{DOU}The Jargonaut

Unread post by {DOU}The Jargonaut »

THANKS TALON :D Waiting in que for about 33 minutes now but I think it will be worth it.
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

I am pretty psyched about this. I hope it was worth the wait.

I'll see if I can find a non-fileplanet link for this too.

Tommy
{DOU}=TALON=
Clan {DOU} Member

:evil: Well im out UT3 will not work on my notebook i hope someone else has better luck with it. :evil:
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

Got the demo. I will upload it in a few.

My first impression of the game - it fucking rocks! The hoverboard is pretty cool. I didn't yet play anything that had a translocator, but I will.

Not that I want to piss anybody off here, but I was able to play the game just fine at all the highest settings. I'm pretty happy about that.

I think the vehicles are easier to control then in 2k4. The new vehicle that is like the alien ships in the movie "War of the worlds" is fucking amazing. It is really slow to respond, but when you fire at someone, they die, lol.

I tried it out online (The demo allows you to connect to demo servers) and you will all be happy to know that I played against like 10 other people and I won the first ever map I played. :) And yes, I was wearing my tag. It pretty much had all the same weapons we are used to. I didn't see a new gun yet, I am sure they are saving those for the full version (There are supposed to be a few new ones).

More as I play a bit more.

Tommy
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

{DOU}-=TALON=- wrote::evil: Well im out UT3 will not work on my notebook i hope someone else has better luck with it. :evil:
Did you get an error message? Or did the game just choke on the graphics?

Tommy
{DOU}=TALON=
Clan {DOU} Member

I just get the startup spash then a windows error comes up. Oh well i hope desk top will have better luck with the demo.
{DOU}The Jargonaut

I got the same thing as Talon. This on my desktop. I have updated the drivers and the whole 9 yards. I am thinking that I may not be able to run it :(
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

What does the error message say?

T
pebcak

Unread post by pebcak »

Sup Yall,

Time to start saving your pennies. UT3 is around the corner.

Info and requirements via Crave blog
{DOU}pebcak

I love the sound of "GODLIKE" in the morning.
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

pebcak wrote:Sup Yall,

Time to start saving your pennies. UT3 is around the corner.

Info and requirements via Crave blog
Took a quick look at that.

As per what they said, while I have a pretty modest graphics card (ATI Radeon x1600 with 128 megs of ram), I guess the reason I can run the Demo so well is because I have a dual-core processor (Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2ghz.). I knew that thing would come in handy sooner or later.

Funny how the Dual-core processor gives me so much more with UT3, and causes me so much grief with UT99.

For those of you who can't play it now, have no fear, you will eventually be able to do so, and I think this game will be big. I am hoping so anyway. It really does seem like it will be a lot of fun.

Something else to note. My last computer was a PPC G4. When the UT2k4 demo came out, I knew I was out of it too. Even with the settings at their lowest, I just could not play, the machine couldn't do it. However, when the game itself came out I could run it at the highest settings perfectly. Go figure? No. There is another word for a game demo - beta. Epic is goint to see how the demo performs and take notes. The Full version of the game is just around the corner and will probably run the same. But, what they are learning now will be incorporated into the first patch, where the game will probably run much better for most people. So give it time.

Hell, I didn't start playing UT99 until like 2002 - 2003 anyway, and I am still continuing to enjoy the game in 2007. We will all be playing UT3 eventually.

Tommy
{DOU}The Jargonaut

Tommy wrote:What does the error message say?

T
With my problem, I can't even tell because the game causes a blue screen on my PC as well as rebooting.
One thing that I can look forward to is that I can play UT3 on my XBOX :D
pebcak

Unread post by pebcak »

{DOU}The Jargonaut wrote:
With my problem, I can't even tell because the game causes a blue screen on my PC as well as rebooting.
Hey Jarg,

There is a setting (I can find it later) that will not have your XP box reboot on a blue screen. It is useful to track these kind of issues down. You may also have the error message in the system or event log.
{DOU}pebcak

pebcak

Unread post by pebcak »

{DOU}pebcak

Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

For Talon and a few others, an IRC chat I had just moments ago with Ledhead:
[02:49] <LEDHEAD> downloading the ut3 demo
[04:00] <Tommy> Cool
[04:01] <Tommy> It's really good
[04:01] <Tommy> Wait til you get a ride in the Night Walker, lol
[04:01] <LEDHEAD> bad thing is everytime it starts up it crashes,i got a pc that is more than capable of running it,just dont know why it keeps crashing
[04:10] <Tommy> Other people in my clan have been reporting this. What OS are you running?
[04:10] <LEDHEAD> xp home
[04:10] <Tommy> It required XP 2.x or better
[04:10] <Tommy> Make sure it is up to date
[04:10] <LEDHEAD> it is
[04:11] <Tommy> unrealtournament3.com has a forum, might want to look and see if other people are having the problem and what if any fixes there are
[04:18] <LEDHEAD> trying new video drivers,reboot
[04:38] <Tommy> cool
[04:44] <LEDHEAD> i updated netframework and upgraded video drivers,that solved the issue
[05:09] <Tommy> O.K. with you if I post this minor conversation of the forum so that others may learn from it?
[05:10] <Tommy> on*
[05:10] <LEDHEAD> go for it
[05:10] <Tommy> Thanks
[05:10] <LEDHEAD> yw
Maybe if others (Talon, i.e.) try this, the game may work for them? Worth a shot anyway.

Tommy

Return to “Other Games Of Interest”