Help deleting some software

Computer Related Topics Can Be Found Here
*DARKMATTER*

Unread post by *DARKMATTER* »

You might want to install this Spyware Blaster for windows it blocks "problem" web pages, you can use hijackthis to find more problems but need someone who understands the log to do anything if you use the Hijack tool you can get HELP HERE ...

Dark
QwazyWabbit

Unread post by QwazyWabbit »

I should point out after doing a little browsing that NOD32 has a better track record on Virus Bulletin's VB100 test than AVG.

47/3/5 success/failures/no-entries for NOD32
vs.
19/22/14 for AVG

Criteria for the award is detection of all in-the-wild viruses and no false positives. Impressive.

http://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/index

You have to subscribe to get the details but it's worth it.
QwazyWabbit

Unread post by QwazyWabbit »

*DARKMATTER* wrote:You might want to install this Spyware Blaster for windows it blocks "problem" web pages, you can use hijackthis to find more problems but need someone who understands the log to do anything if you use the Hijack tool you can get HELP HERE ...

Dark
I use the Immunize function in Spybot S&D for web page blocking and it seems to do the job for me. As for the wife's computer, she shipped it out with her brother before I had a chance to prepare it for use. Now it has all that stuff on it and I am getting ready to lock it all down so she/they can't shoot feet.

I don't care much for HJT because you have to read thru all that log stuff to figure out what you've got. I use Autoruns, Rootkit Revealer and now CCleaner for a more automated approach.
.::/3I§ON::.

Unread post by .::/3I§ON::. »

I have both Ad-Aware SE and Spybot S&D and like them bothe, had them on my other puter as well. I also have SpyWareBlaster installed. I try and run Ad-Aware at least once a week.
{DOU}.::/3I§ON::.
"Did you hear the one about me trying to die?

Fist in the air and a finger to the sky.

Do I care if you hate me? Do you wanna know the truth?

C'est la vie... adiós... good riddance... fuck you!..."5FDP"
poorboy

Unread post by poorboy »

i personally like avg thats what ive run for a while and havent had any problems when i had norton i couldnt keep viruses away i do alot of bittorent and stuff too so avg has severed me good so far. i scan with others sometimes just to check but overall i turn out pretty good
{DOU}plumber

Unread post by {DOU}plumber »

I have Adware SE spybot XoftspySE And run AVG , really like AVG updates almost every time I boot and its not power hungry like norton

Return to “Computer Chatter”