Need a solution...

Computer Related Topics Can Be Found Here
{DOU}Cygnus

Need a solution...

Unread post by {DOU}Cygnus »

I have an older version of explorer and I tried to download MSN's version of IM last week.
The problem is that I need explorer 6.0 or later to run their current version MSN's Messenger.
Every time I've tried to upgrade to explorer 6.0 I get a message telling me that it can't download certain parts of the new explorer until I shut down other programs. I've tried to do this. I've shut down everything I can think of short of shutting off the computer and I always get the same message.

What I am I missing?

JB
.::/3I§ON::.

Re: Need a solution...

Unread post by .::/3I§ON::. »

)(er)(es wrote:I have an older version of explorer and I tried to download MSN's version of IM last week.
The problem is that I need explorer 6.0 or later to run their current version MSN's Messenger.
Every time I've tried to upgrade to explorer 6.0 I get a message telling me that it can't download certain parts of the new explorer until I shut down other programs. I've tried to do this. I've shut down everything I can think of short of shutting off the computer and I always get the same message.

What I am I missing?

JB
Probably missing the spyware 8)
{DOU}Cygnus

Re: Need a solution...

{DOU} -=BiSoN=- wrote:
)(er)(es wrote:I have an older version of explorer and I tried to download MSN's version of IM last week.

What I am I missing?

JB
Probably missing the spyware 8)
???

You may have a virus or spyware that is corrupting it.
{DOU}Cygnus

{DOU} -=BiSoN=- wrote:You may have a virus or spyware that is corrupting it.
No, nothing running. Cumputer Associate anti-virus took care of any problems I was having.

I've always had trouble with this type crap. Don't much about these damn operating systems and explorer and all that other junk.

JB

Thats all I can think of. With the old puter we were getting that message everytime we tried to defragment it. Could be do to errors as well. My old machine had more functioning errors in it than not.
{DOU}Cygnus

{DOU} -=BiSoN=- wrote:Thats all I can think of. With the old puter we were getting that message everytime we tried to defragment it. Could be do to errors as well. My old machine had more functioning errors in it than not.
That colud be...
*DARKMATTER*

Unread post by *DARKMATTER* »

if you cant find an answer anywere else try this forum HERE

Just register and post your problem you will get a pretty quick answer there good peeps too..

Dark

Return to “Computer Chatter”