Kinda OT, Does anyone have an IPod Touch?

Computer Related Topics Can Be Found Here
{DOU}The Jargonaut

Kinda OT, Does anyone have an IPod Touch?

Unread post by {DOU}The Jargonaut »

I was in Raleigh a few weeks ago (watching the Canes flush their playoff chances :roll: ) and stopped by the Mac store. I got the chance to play with an IPhone. It was really cool. I want one eventually. I also got to mess with an IPod Touch. Does anyone have one of these gizmos? It looks GREAT. It seemed to work great. I was wondering how the Wi-Fi was and if it is worth the premium price?
GRouND ZeRo

Re: Kinda OT, Does anyone have an IPod Touch?

Unread post by GRouND ZeRo »

LOL... just trying to use the iPod Touch was a headache and a half while using the fancy web browser... I'm sure that the Wireless works where you can find a "Public Wireless Hot-Spot" maybe at your workplace or at a Library... Just remember to bring plenty of asprin! The screen "Tilt" may leave much left to be desired when watching videos or browsing certain items as it doesn't have a sensor to recognize that it is being tilted... Just how the product was designed may need more functionality as desired... I'm hoping for a "Version 2" of it! The web browser that it comes with may leave the opacity much to be desired as well as it can zoom in on certain things and may leave you guessing on what is really going on with the rest of the webpage. I'm not too sure of much of he functionality of it as most iPods when adding content such as pictures, music and video may rely on how iTunes is stable.(I personally am having wicked problems with my computer and I had to re-do almost everything including my 3rd Generation iPod Nano(re-format, install iTunes, download updates, setup and select media and such.)) But if your ready for the Price$$$tag you might be happy with what you really want.(usually the larger version is better for most.)

"iPhone"? Are you ready to hook up with an expensive phone plan? You might want to see how much the service will cost you first!
{DOU}

{DOU}The Jargonaut

Unread post by {DOU}The Jargonaut »

Thanks GZ. I may just hold off on this until after I get a Mac :D
[OMA]Blade

Unread post by [OMA]Blade »

I have the iphone and its great. So easy to use and i do not have a mac (screw Tommy it sucks) and I use itunes all the time. Rate plan with AT+T all I had to add to my plan was date which costs $20 a month.
CLAN ADMIN/MATCH COORDINATOR
GRouND ZeRo

Unread post by GRouND ZeRo »

I guess the idea would be to get the best plan that you can get on those things... how much does the iPhone start at?
{DOU}

[OMA]Blade

Unread post by [OMA]Blade »

8gb $399

16gb $499
CLAN ADMIN/MATCH COORDINATOR

Return to “Computer Chatter”