Speaker Config

Computer Related Topics Can Be Found Here
Otis_Firefly
Biggest DoucheBag Award

Speaker Config

Unread post by Otis_Firefly »

So I reformatted my C drive this afternoon, unplugged everything and cleaned out the inside of the CPU - reinstalled everything and all is working fine EXCEPT :twisted: my speaker config...

I normally have my stereo hooked into the soundcard ports as well as my desktop speakers. And I believe that under the advanced audio properties I had it set to Quadraphonic (don't really remember), however now when I plug both units in - either one or the other work - not both together. Not a big deal you say - but I really like having both units rolling because the stereo is very bassy where the desktop speakers are on the treble side - so I usually get a very nice well rounded sound. I've tried all of the settings under the Advanced Audio Properties while moving both plugs around - with no luck.

Anybody know what I'm doing wrong??

My soundcard plugs are Black, Fuchsia, Green, Yellow, Blue, Orange

Thanks in "Advance"
{DOU}Pyro

Re: Speaker Config

Unread post by {DOU}Pyro »

I would suspect that when you re-installed, it used a generic windows driver instead of the driver from your mother board or sound board driver
Otis_Firefly
Biggest DoucheBag Award

Well that's just F'd up! I've tried to update the drivers too and it insists that it has the latest version.
{DOU}Pyro

Unread post by {DOU}Pyro »

Usually just updating sound card drivers doesn't work. You physically have to un-install and then most sound cards have an installation executable because they are so IRQ and address dependant. If the sound chip is on the motherboard, the sound driver install is on the disk or you can get the install .exe from their web site. You have to manually uninstall the existing one first. Good luck
Otis_Firefly
Biggest DoucheBag Award

{DOU}Pyro wrote:Usually just updating sound card drivers doesn't work. You physically have to un-install and then most sound cards have an installation executable because they are so IRQ and address dependant. If the sound chip is on the motherboard, the sound driver install is on the disk or you can get the install .exe from their web site. You have to manually uninstall the existing one first. Good luck

Thanks Pyro - tried all of that to no avail. Apparently it has something to do with the "Media Center" software that is deeply integrated into my XP OS. The only way to re-install Media Center is to do another format.

Oh well...................................... FUCK IT :redflipoff:

Return to “Computer Chatter”