Opening Control Window in XLOC Practice Server

Come Crater!
Mr Underhill

Opening Control Window in XLOC Practice Server

Unread post by Mr Underhill »

Hey all!

I and a few other people I've discussed this with are having a problem opening up the control console window in the Practice Server in order to change from one map to another.

In my case, I normally use the SPACE BAR on the sniper server to do so but it's not the case when on the XLOC Practice Server. I've also tried typing the "!vote" but to no avail.

Any Ideas?
Thanks-

Mr Underhill
DOU Recruit
Mr U

Any problem on earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives.
-Colonel Mertz von Quirnheim
Concrete

Re: Opening Control Window in XLOC Practice Server

Unread post by Concrete »

I'm not sure why, I just went there and tried to vote, and it worked. Maybe because your vote key is set to your spacebar, but I'm not sure.
I killed a six-pack just to watch it die.
Without question the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you the wheel was also a fine invention, but a wheel does not go as well with pizza.
Abberation

Unread post by Abberation »

I have it set to "u"
Revisio

Unread post by Revisio »

i know there is a command, but you can always do this...

Go into the xloc server and play threw a full map. Then at the end the map vote will open, you then can hit the tab (i think its a "config" tab) that will have a little spot where you can set for map votes.

The reason that the map vote doesnt work on both servers is probably because they are different map vote types for the two servers.
.::/3I§ON::.

Unread post by .::/3I§ON::. »

Revisio wrote:i know there is a command, but you can always do this...

Go into the xloc server and play threw a full map. Then at the end the map vote will open, you then can hit the tab (i think its a "config" tab) that will have a little spot where you can set for map votes.

The reason that the map vote doesnt work on both servers is probably because they are different map vote types for the two servers.
That didn't work for me, had to go into the user file and put mine in.
{DOU}.::/3I§ON::.
"Did you hear the one about me trying to die?

Fist in the air and a finger to the sky.

Do I care if you hate me? Do you wanna know the truth?

C'est la vie... adiós... good riddance... fuck you!..."5FDP"
*DARKMATTER*

Unread post by *DARKMATTER* »

I found that there's sometimes (most times) a glitch with setting the key in the config area within the map vote. Probably quicker to set it in the ini but if your not confident messing in there go to the relevant page in the map vote menu in the space to set the key input, press what ever key you wish to use now here's where the bug lies, it doesn't show that you entered a key at all but if you do nothing else, press no keys etc till the map vote finishes and the next map starts it does register the key you entered. hope this helps
Mr Underhill

Unread post by Mr Underhill »

Thanks all for the tips. I ended up just waiting for the 90 minutes to expire to get to the window. Still dont feel comfortable messing with the ini files.
Mr U

Any problem on earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives.
-Colonel Mertz von Quirnheim

Return to “Clan {DOU} Unreal Tournament 99 Xloc Practice Server”