Acer Dead

Computer Related Topics Can Be Found Here
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Acer Dead

Unread post by Tommy »

My Acer PC is dead. It was left in sleep mode over night, and when we tried to wake it, nothing. I unplugged it and now it will not power up at all. I figured it was a dead power supply but there is one odd thing, the blue light that indicates the computer is in on was blinking continuously. After I unplugged it and plugged it back in the light went off and stayed off, but the light is too big and bright to just have residual power (in my opinion). It is like 6 inches long (what is illuminated) and very bright.

Anything to think of before deciding what to do with it?

T
GRouND ZeRo

Re: Acer Dead

Unread post by GRouND ZeRo »

Any BIG Computer manufacturer gets the parts in bulk and guess what you may have gotten...

I would recheck all connections inside including the bios reset and see if that would help.
{DOU}

Abberation

Unread post by Abberation »

We? You talking about the voices in your head or the big hair guy you have been living with for the past six months?
GRouND ZeRo

Unread post by GRouND ZeRo »

...Unplug all of the power connectors inside the computer and take the 20+4/24 pin connector and take a wire across the power-on
and see if the power supply kicks on.

If that works then pull your clock battery and reinstall all the power connectors and try your BIOS reset jumper
Press your power on button and power it off again and replace the BIOS jumper back to where it was.

If it does not post or the CMOS/BIOS information(ACER Startup Screen) does not show up then there is a huge problem going on with it.

You may try and re-seat any add-on cards or ramsticks that may be installed in the system.(Did you find a bag full of spare parts?)
{DOU}

Return to “Computer Chatter”