im leaving DOU

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: .::/3I§ON::.

Abberation

Re: im leaving DOU

Unread post by Abberation »

Grubb Industries wrote:I have to tell you Jackel, I'm a little shocked and a little pissed, you've always been a friend to me and other DOU members, you've never said to me that there was a problem, I am sad to see you leave in this manner. You always were, and always will be welcome to drop in and say hello. I wish you well, but I wish you would have talked to me or someone else to try and resolve the issues that led to your decision. To those DOU members who don't come around team speak or rarely play 99 or COD fuck you all for making new members not feel welcome, your the maggots of DOU

Grubb

Well fuck you too :roll: :lol:
NATAN
Site Admin

Unread post by NATAN »

In Abb's case it would be, fuck teamspeak3.

He cant connect to it... and so cant Evil :x

(No wordplay intended :lol: )
{DOU}(-:__NATAN__:-) - ( Clan DOU Recruitment Officer )

Coming Soon: http://clandou.com/cms/

"For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky"

Take a look at http://www.retro-en-design.com :)
Gunner

Unread post by Gunner »

Grubb Industries wrote: To those DOU members who don't come around team speak or rarely play 99 or COD fuck you all for making new members not feel welcome, your the maggots of DOU

Grubb
I guess I'm a fucking maggot then because I am busting my ass working my fulltime job and overtime, taking care of my 2 boys and wife, and going camping most weekends with my sons scout troop. Just because I dont spend all day playing UT and on teamspeak? Image Maybe I should follow Jackle so as not to be part of the maggot swarm
.:Isabella:.

Unread post by .:Isabella:. »

Not a happy phrase from Grubb, but I understand what he is trying to say...
I never come to talk in TS, I never play COD, I never play the tournaments, I only play UT99 with my two little kids near me, so rarely I can enjoy the game. But I did not feel Grubb was including me in his appreciation...

He is my friend and I understand his frustration.

So do not be bothered Gunner. You are not a maggot.

On the other hand, some recruits, and some new members, have a wrong attitude. They believe the clan must give them certain privileges, and do not think that is the opposite. We build the Clan with our work, every day, delivering before asking to receive. Without our work and concern, this Clan does not exist.

I think Jackal is in his rights to leave the Clan.

Every good squad has casualties and defectors, but still is a good squad

Don't cry over spilled milk
NATAN
Site Admin

Unread post by NATAN »

Members account to the forum deleted as mentioned in earlier post.

Name changed from {DOU}Jackal into Jackal.
{DOU}(-:__NATAN__:-) - ( Clan DOU Recruitment Officer )

Coming Soon: http://clandou.com/cms/

"For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky"

Take a look at http://www.retro-en-design.com :)
.:Isabella:.

Unread post by .:Isabella:. »

Good job Natan
LENNOX

Unread post by LENNOX »

This Is A Good clan But My Dad/ Jackal is Right just To Many rules. Freestyle Is better Easy to get on with the Game and have a Laugh.
The greatest obstacle to discovering the shape of the earth, the continents, and the oceans was not ignorance, but rather the illusion of knowledge.

We don't receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey that no one can take for us.
LENNOX

Unread post by LENNOX »

" When I first ever started to play UT99 There was no rules like this it was just plane old simple Shoot and and basicly fuck it none of this no close killing shit. It was just so fuckin awesome back in them days Some where along the way that got lost and some idiot decided to change all of that. So I know where Jackal is Coming from I left for the same reason". What does that tell you Because if its nothing then somets gone wrong over the year. :(
The greatest obstacle to discovering the shape of the earth, the continents, and the oceans was not ignorance, but rather the illusion of knowledge.

We don't receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey that no one can take for us.
kitty

Unread post by kitty »

I love playing freestyle servers when everyone understands that there are no rules and you are pretty much screwed if you don't cover your ass.

The DOU camping server sucks when most of the new players off the street play freestyle when you are trying to camp. I hate being in my room, hiding next to a window when a twerp comes up the elevator and frags my ass. By the time you can type: "don't shoot" you are already dead. I pretty much gave up on the "don't shoot" warnings. Now I just shoot anything that enters my hiding spot. I figure anyone outside the tiny kill mod is free to kill.
Last edited by kitty on Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
M@DD0G

Unread post by M@DD0G »

I don't wanna piss in anyone's Cheerios, but I'm thinking about what Grubb, Jackal, R_Mad, Abb, Gunner, Kitty, and even Shifty/Lennox/dFb-Boxer/????? ( :roll: ) said. I enjoyed playing with Jackal also, and enjoyed chatting with him when he was on TS3...but...

IMHO:

1. This is a Sniper Clan, and thus we follow the rules of sniping. In this FPS game and particular to this Clan, they are simple...spawn, find a spot, camp.

2. All rules are in plain sight for anyone (member or not) to read, at any time. If you don't like the rules or there are "too many"...then don't ask to be a member.

3. When a prospective member becomes a recruit, he or she is expected to be on the server, on the forum, and on TS3. If that is an issue, again...don't ask to be a member. Once they have been made a full member, this is not so necessary. While it would be nice if we could all maintain that level of commitment, there are many full members who are much more active in one area than another.

4. I work full time as an RN, I am a firefighter/paramedic part time, and I am in the Army Reserves. I have four kids and two ex-wives. :gib: Until very recently, I was extremely busy with the goings-on of life. I was away from the server, TS3, and the forum for about 4 months. I missed it!! I checked the forum once in a while, but much less than I wanted to. Grubb, I love ya, and I sincerely appreciate how often you are an admin (and a great one), especially when we have dumb asses on the server, and I truly appreciate the time you dedicate to the server and the forum...but you can suck my nuts. :pai: Life happens. Having said that, I do believe it is a commitment to stay a member, and I respect the members that are active in every aspect. I don't know how you do it.

5. Finally, if a prospective member has any doubts...just don't do it. Don't pretend to like the Clan, don't pretend to like the rules, and DO be prepared to take some HEAT rounds if you talk bad about our clan or don't follow the rules.

My two cents. Take it or leave it.

:peace_v:
M@DD0G
Image Image I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning,
that's as good as they're going to feel all day. --Frank Sinatra

Cypher7

Unread post by Cypher7 »

LENNOX wrote:" When I first ever started to play UT99 There was no rules like this it was just plane old simple Shoot and and basicly fuck it none of this no close killing shit. :(
I have to say that "no close killing" rule was the first thing that drew me to this place. Love playing on the server because of that and, of course, the great people in the Clan. Intend to keep on playing here and whoever doesn't like it - godspeed! Too many freestyle servers out there, so move on...
{DOU}Charger

Unread post by {DOU}Charger »

Guess I'm one of the maggots. I play rarely, I don't come on TS much. I surely hope I am not seen as a maggot. I'd be very saddened to find you feel that way towards me.

I just somehow don't feel you should just bunch everyone together and call us maggots because we don't meet your standards.

I know you put many hours in as admin and playing. It is greatly appreciated. Being and admin is a thank less task. I surely would not want to sit for hours watching a bunch of brats when I could play.

As for member who leave because of our rules, maybe you should have thought about them a little before you asked to join. It's not like we change them. They have been in place for years. So why is it that all of a sudden you cannot live with them?
Fighting on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics.
Even if you win you're still retarded.
.::/3I§ON::.

Unread post by .::/3I§ON::. »

{DOU}Charger wrote:Guess I'm one of the maggots.

Yup, me too.

{DOU}Charger wrote:I just somehow don't feel you should just bunch everyone together and call us maggots because we don't meet your standards.

No one meets his standards.

{DOU}Charger wrote:I know you put many hours in as admin and playing.

Thats because he has no life...

{DOU}Charger wrote:As for member who leave because of our rules, maybe you should have thought about them a little before you asked to join. It's not like we change them. They have been in place for years.

Yeah, no shit. Fine time to decide you really cant camp :roll:
{DOU}.::/3I§ON::.
"Did you hear the one about me trying to die?

Fist in the air and a finger to the sky.

Do I care if you hate me? Do you wanna know the truth?

C'est la vie... adiós... good riddance... fuck you!..."5FDP"
Rad

Unread post by Rad »

What are you talking about?

When I joined the clan, nobody was telling me that it is a clan of DOU campers.
I only found out this, what I repeat every time to my recruits:
About our clan....
DOU – the meaning of the abbreviation is Demons Of The Underworld.
We come from all walks of life, all over the United States and the world. We have members in Canada, Nederlands, England, Chile, Australia, Poland and in many other countries.
We have a lot in common, but one thing in particular - we love to play Unreal Tournament.
We are good people, and this criteria is more important to us in selecting recruits than how many kills they can score in a match. We strive to keep the quality of our membership high.
What does the clan expect from you?
To be honest, not much.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I play from time to time on other servers (freestyle, camping and others) and I am always proud playing with a tag {DOU}. I always try to play following rules of every server.
Clan is like a family.
Leave the family because of the rules on the server or because Grubb said, that I am probably maggot? ::HYST::
Best regards for every DOU member
:peace_v:
And remember that there is one and only one IP,
which you must never forget:

173.208.146.178:7777
Mr_head
Clan DOU Recruitment Officer

Unread post by Mr_head »

this is a bit of a shocker to me really, and after reading over the posts that people have written, im quite surprised this has escalated so far into a bitching match. Grow up people, we are all (mostly) adults here and all people are doing is bitching over shit. Im sad to see Jackal go, he is a good guy a good player and someone i always enjoyed talking too, however he had decided to leave our clan and that intirely his choice, he will be missed.
but all this bullshit that has followed his announcment just seems to be an exscuse for people to throw the blame game, i fully understand where grub is coming from i wasnt made to feel very welcome when i joined except by the people on TS.

We will miss you Jackal
The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs,
There is also a negative side.

Return to “General Board”