Hi - Long-Time DOUer

A Place To Say "Hey" To Clan DOU

Moderator: NATAN

JD__

Hi - Long-Time DOUer

Unread post by JD__ »

Hi

Tag is JD.

Have been playing UT since 2000, mostly CTF. Remain an admin on the 44oz CTF server.

Got into sniper in 2007 or so and spent a fair amount of time on DOU, among other team servers. Still recognize many DOU names.

Left UT a couple of years ago, but recently returned, and have spent some time on DOU server over the last couple of weeks.

Long story short, can't get onto server over the last couple of days; receiving 'rejected' message. Have no idea why, but I'm guessing I've either been banned or there is some tech glitch. Either way, sent an email to Tommy at the DOU admin email address to enquire.

Any help in the matter would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

JD
JD__

Re: Hi - Long-Time DOUer

Unread post by JD__ »

Well, no response on this front.

For what it's worth, enjoyed playing on the DOU server and got to know some good people over the years. Trust you guys will continue to enjoy the game and prosper.

If you're ever in Montreal, drop me a line.

Cheers,

JD
Otis_Firefly
Biggest DoucheBag Award

Unread post by Otis_Firefly »

Huh - no one seems to know you JD.
NATAN
Site Admin

Unread post by NATAN »

Come have a chat with us on Teamspeak.
{DOU}(-:__NATAN__:-) - ( Clan DOU Recruitment Officer )

Coming Soon: http://clandou.com/cms/

"For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky"

Take a look at http://www.retro-en-design.com :)
MinkyMoMo

Unread post by MinkyMoMo »

JD__ wrote:Hi

Tag is JD.

Have been playing UT since 2000, mostly CTF. Remain an admin on the 44oz CTF server.

Got into sniper in 2007 or so and spent a fair amount of time on DOU, among other team servers. Still recognize many DOU names.

Left UT a couple of years ago, but recently returned, and have spent some time on DOU server over the last couple of weeks.

Long story short, can't get onto server over the last couple of days; receiving 'rejected' message. Have no idea why, but I'm guessing I've either been banned or there is some tech glitch. Either way, sent an email to Tommy at the DOU admin email address to enquire.

Any help in the matter would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

JD
Ohh the donuthole server, nice moments, donuthunter, modesty,cyanide, peach... nice players.
JD__

Unread post by JD__ »

Otis_Firefly wrote:Huh - no one seems to know you JD.
As I noted earlier on, Otis, I've been away from UT for at least two years, possibly even three. I honestly can't recall. I only resumed playing a couple of weeks ago. Don't think it takes too long to forget tags, in particular when they are as simple and generic as mine.

Back in the day, you and I played against each other regularly - don't know if you were DOU, at the time - as did NATAN above. I frequently spoke to a player named Nuke, among others. I still sometimes receive emails from Nuke due to the fact we are both NHL fans.

The reason I mention this is so you know I have a history on DOU and didn't just all of a sudden pop up out of nowhere.

All to say, the point is I can't get on the server; I get the 'rejected' message. I was simply asking that if I was banned for some reason I'm obviously unaware of, that the ban be lifted. That is, of course, assuming I haven't done something egregious, which would come as a complete surprise to me.

I didn't get any response, so I figured I'd just move along.

Now I seem to be getting a response and am appreciative. Is there any way to verify if I've been banned? If I haven't been so, can anyone think of any reason I suddenly can't log into the server?

Again, I appreciate any and all help. Don't wish to put anyone out.

This really isn't a big deal; there are a lot of active servers. Having said that, I do enjoy the DOU community and would hate to just drop things for no reason.

Cheers,

JD
JD__

Unread post by JD__ »

MinkyMoMo wrote:Ohh the donuthole server, nice moments, donuthunter, modesty,cyanide, peach... nice players.
Hey MMM.

Yeah, great server and a lot of nice people. DH and mod - husband and wife - are long gone, although I might be in touch with them once a year, or so. They're always curious about my ridiculous Halloween display.

Peach, who I've now known for 13 years, still plays. I chatted with her last week and we had a good laugh at how long this has been going on.

Remember seeing you on there many times.

Good times, indeed.

JD
Nuker

Unread post by Nuker »

NUKER Here,
Hey guys JD is a really good guy from a ways back. I'm sure that he was NEVER banned & he always obeyed our rules. I think GRUBB & Underhill should remember him and Knightmare too. He sent me an E-Mail & I'm sure he is the JD I know so if he is banned it is a mistake.
Thanks
NUKER

:minigun:
I am proud to have you judge me as a man
through the lens of my enemies’ character.
JD__

Unread post by JD__ »

Hi all

Just got an email from Nuker - who has been very helpful, thanks Nuke - noting that some members have confused me with someone who was subject to a lifetime ban on DOU. He notes I should join TS3 to clear the air.

Sorry, not interested.

In 13 years - excluding the last 2-3, during which I didn't play UT - I've never once been banned on any server; it just isn't in my nature to do anything other than enjoy the gaming and camaraderie. In fact, I've made a lot of friends on a whole host of servers, over the years, some of whom I've reacquainted myself with over the last couple of weeks.

So, if I'm being banned because some think I'm someone else - you'll forgive me if that reason sounds very dodgy - I have to be honest: I really don't care. It's DOU's problem, not mine; this stuff just isn't that important.

No hard feelings and I sincerely wish everyone around here the best of gaming. If you reconsider, great, but I'm not jumping through any hoops in an exercise I frankly consider beneath me.

If you knew me personally, you'd understand. Here's a little something I do every Halloween as a fundraiser for the Montreal Canadiens Children's Foundation:

http://s127.photobucket.com/user/JaD__/ ... 012?sort=9

If you're in the 'hood in October, please drop by and make a donation.

Cheers,

JD
JD__

Unread post by JD__ »

And just so it's clear - and why I think this lifetime ban story is absurd and has nothing to do with me - I've always been able to access the DOU server and play, including when I returned to UT about a month ago.

If you check the logs, I was on DOU many times in the last few weeks. The problem - my inability to get on - only started some time around Saturday, April 14th.

JD
Rad

Unread post by Rad »

Welcome to the forum JD and hope to see you on the server :peace_v:
And remember that there is one and only one IP,
which you must never forget:

173.208.146.178:7777
.:Isabella:.

Unread post by .:Isabella:. »

Rad wrote:Welcome to the forum JD and hope to see you on the server :peace_v:
I hope not. He is banned.
Rad

Unread post by Rad »

{DOU}.R_Mad wrote:
I hope not. He is banned.
:eek2: :puke: :banghead:
And remember that there is one and only one IP,
which you must never forget:

173.208.146.178:7777
.:Isabella:.

Unread post by .:Isabella:. »

:smash:
JD__

Unread post by JD__ »

{DOU}.R_Mad wrote:I hope not. He is banned.
Well, it took a week, but at least someone finally confirmed I'm banned.

If you would care to tell me why, that would be awesome, in particular seeing as I didn't violate any rules of which I'm aware nor was I warned about anything. Been playing DOU for years - other than during my recent, 2-year hiatus - made some friends along the way, and have never had a problem.

For the record, my nick has been JD since 2000. I've never played under any other nick, although my teenage son goes by WeirdGuy. We've lived here since 1998, so, presumably, the IP address is unchanged. By the way, he's a really good kid and is aware of what's been going on.

I'm really just curious to hear the rationale. I think an explanation would also be helpful for other DOU members to understand how things like this are handled, seeing as they are part of the same team.

To be clear, I'm not asking to be unbanned. I have no intention of ever again frequenting the DOU servers, for obvious reasons.

JD

Return to “Introduce Yourself...”